Day Camp Operations Director
Looking for a new adventure? Do you love leading children’s ministry in faith and fun? Are you administratively minded, love when a good plan comes together and can think of nothing better than to create life-changing, unforgettable experiences that encourage kids to grow in relationship with Jesus?
If you’re excited, then this immediate, full-time opening may be just for you!
The Day Camp Operations Director contributes to Forest Cliff’s mission by providing excellent assistance in administrative duties and the implementation of the Forest Cliff Day Camp Experience. Additionally, this includes assisting in logistic planning, standard operating procedure development, scheduling, and seasonal staff management.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Completing administrative tasks – including reporting, communications, scheduling and maintaining systems (CampBrain, activity schedules, staff payroll and scheduling, etc)
- Assisting in the creation and implementation of the Forest Cliff Day Camp Experience – including activity planning and research & development
- Managing day camp logistics – including supervision of transportation staff, portable equipment, storage, moving, billeting and team distribution
- Developing and documenting standard operating day camp procedures – including health & safety, applicable government regulations, OCA standards, activity standards, gospel integration and mission success
- Assisting in the supervision of day camp operations – including management and delegation of day camp staff at multiple sites
- Monitoring progress on specific goals & tasks
- Assisting in the hiring & training of seasonal staff
This role reports to the Day Camp Executive Director.
During the camp off-season, this role may also include collaborating with the Summer Camp Director and Leadership & Retreats Director.
- Able to work from Head Office (254 Adelaide St. S London, ON) during September-June
- Able to work at various mobile Day Camp Sites in July/August and provide own transportation
- Proven experience as assistant director or other similar position
- Experience in performance and operations management
- Knowledge of Day Camp regulations and quality standards
- Proficient in Google Workspace
- Outstanding communication and relational skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Experience in leading children’s ministry in a Christian camp and/or church environment
- Degree in Education/Early Childhood Education an asset
This is a full-time position. Please send cover letter and resume to Tyler Shaule at email@example.com We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Forest Cliff Camps Inc. is a non-profit children’s camp that aspires to be a pioneering ministry and an indispensable partner in changing young lives.
We seek to fulfill this through our mission, which is to create life-changing,unforgettable experiences that encourage young people to learn more of themselves and God and inspire them to grow into their true potential.