DAY CAMP NURSE
Discovery Day Camp (an entity of TMS) is a fun, exciting, and memorable day camp for children (4 years of age and older) made up of a multitude of programming revolving through creative arts, athletics and science with a focus on nature and the outdoors.
TMS Discovery Day Camp is looking for a Camp Nurse to take a lead role in our camper and staff’s health and safety.
- Ensure that campers and staff with specific medical needs are properly cared for.
- Handle first aid and medical problems as they arise.
- Review all medical forms and discuss current and potential medical needs with parents.
- Provide appropriate staff ( Counsellors, Unit Heads and Specialty Heads) with special health needs information and directions.
- Maintain established policies and procedures for the Health Centre.
- Administer medication to campers as required.
- Maintain a daily log of campers & staff who receive medical attention.
- Inform Camp Director when Health Centre supplies need to be restocked.
- Learn emergency action plan for All Camp emergencies.
- Assume a lead role in an emergency situations.
- Make sure all medications are organized to hand out.
- Keep the Health Centre clean and orderly.
- Work directly with/alongside our Full time School Nurse.
Come join our TMS Discovery Day Camp team! We can’t wait to meet you.