Day Camp Facility Coordinator
YMCA Summer Day Camps
Why Work for the Y?
The YMCA of Greater Toronto aspires to be a great work place committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, where different backgrounds, experiences, and identities are appreciated and celebrated. Guided by our shared values — kindness, well-being, integrity, inclusiveness, respect, and optimism — the YMCA provides thousands of employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. We recognize the contributions of our staff through innovative practices, great benefits, and growth opportunities.
Nature and scope
YMCA of Greater Toronto’s Camping and Outdoor Education department offers the highest quality Day Camp programs for children and youth in approximately 50 locations across the Greater Toronto Area. Our Summer Day Camps offer numerous programs for 4-16 year olds that are safe, engaging, fun and contributing to the YMCA of Greater Toronto.
Our Day Camp Facility Coordinator will be responsible for developing site infrastructure; including planning, construction, installation and maintenance. In addition, the Facility Coordinator will assist in the implementation of risk assessment, equipment maintenance and safety audits as well as support in warehouse organization and equipment distribution for our camp locations.
Program supply delivery and maintenance; supports Camp Manager and Regional Directors to ensure camp equipment is delivered, set-up and maintained in line with program offerings
Ensures all sites have high-quality infrastructure by working with the Day Camp Manager to establish site requirements to implement installation and plan ongoing maintenance.
Assists in the development of 5S training by working with the Day Camp Manager to identify training and development needs in relation to camp infrastructure, organization and maintenance.
Assists with purchasing program supplies by working with Manager and Regional Directors to ensure all program and safety supplies associated with the programs are purchased and adequately stocked prior to and throughout the summer to ensure our programs are high quality and safe.
Achieves assigned budget; monitors expenditures and ensures purchases are within camp budget; submits all invoices on a weekly basis to ensure they are processed in a timely manner.
Ensures all assigned administrative tasks are completed accurately and on time including all visa reconcilatiojn, risk assessments, 5S audits & Health & Safety evaluations
Ensures all non-YMCA operated pools and waterfront areas are set up prior to camp by working with each Camp’s Aquatic Team Leader and/or Head Guard to complete paperwork and prepare required safety equipment to meet the YMCA of Greater Toronto regulations, as well as provincial standards for the pre-camp audit.
Supports with creating and maintaining a positive camp environment by demonstrating a team-player attitude, and sharing the responsibility of keeping the day camp warehouse environment clean and organized.
Acts as a positive role model for children, youth and fellow staff through embodying the values of the YMCA, following all YMCA day camp guidelines, YMCA policies and procedures, Ontario Camps Association (OCA) Standards as well as ensuring all YMCA Aquatics and Lifesaving Society standards are met.
Demonstrates appropriate behaviours in line with our Mission, Vision and Values as reflected in our YMCA competencies; takes a member focused approach to increase their understanding of programs offered across the Association. Represents the YMCA and the Association in a professional manner.
Understands the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse to Child Protection Services.
Understands the importance of the volunteer staff partnership and integrates the value of philanthropy and volunteerism in dealings with members, volunteers, donors and staff.
Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with power tools and basic carpentry skills
- Experience with mountain bike repairs
- Experience in working in a Day Camps setting preferred
- Experience in warehouse inventory and organization
- Experience in organizational processes (5S Process Improvement)
- Experience developing & implementing equipment safety audits
- Experience delivering training
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR “C”
- Valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle and willing to travel within region
- Only those individuals legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered for employment with the YMCA of Greater TorontoSkills & Competencies:
- Excellent multi-tasking, organizational skills and attention to detail required
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and volunteers
- Excellent written communication skills
- Flexibility to work days, evenings, weekends in the Spring
- Must have access to a vehicle and willing to travel to all camp locations
- Commitment to working in a socially inclusive environment responding with sensitivity and personal awareness to the diverse needs of members including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
- The position requires the following Association fundamental competence in: Effective Interpersonal Communications; Teamwork and Collaboration; Ethics and Self-Management; being Results Focused; Valuing Diversity and Social Inclusion; Association Management and Stewardship; Building Community Relationships and Resources; Cross Functional Integration; Leadership; Planning and Initiative; Strategic Orientation and Change Management
How to apply
Please follow the link below to submit your application
Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check. Within the first four months and every three years thereafter, a Vulnerable Police Records Check is required.
If you are hired, prior to your start date and as a condition of your employment, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical or other Human Rights Code-related exemption.
The YMCA of Greater Toronto values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation at any stage during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
About YMCA of Greater Toronto
The YMCA of Greater Toronto is a charity that ignites the potential in people, helping them grow, lead, and give back to their communities. As outlined in our 2020–2025 strategic plan, Ignite the Light, we are focused on boosting well-being and promoting equity across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). In the future we see for our region, everyone will have opportunities to shine their brightest.
Mirroring the diversity we’re privileged to have in the GTA, our YMCA offers a variety of programs responding to the needs of our communities. For 170 years, the YMCA of Greater Toronto has provided opportunities for people to shine through a variety of programs and services including health and fitness, licensed child care, camps, employment and immigrant services, education and training, and services for youth, families, and seniors. When you donate to the YMCA of Greater Toronto, you help ensure more people get access to these vital programs that help them connect, grow, and reach their full potential.
Visit www.ymcagta.org to learn more about our work to build vibrant communities where everyone can shine.