Day Camp Aquatic Staff
Willowgrove is a land-based, not-for-profit organization known for our focus on outdoor experiences for people of all ages. Since 1968, Willowgrove has offered camping, outdoor education, and recreation programs year-round to our community and beyond.
Willowgrove is a Christian organization that seeks to nurture the spiritual, social, emotional and physical growth of children and youth through a variety of programs in a natural setting. In pursuit of this mission, Willowgrove is committed to:
- Nurturing Growth We facilitate physical, emotional, spiritual, and social development.
- Welcoming Community We embrace diverse relationships, accountability, acceptance, and belonging.
- Building Peace We champion justice, hope and healing.
- Honouring Land We participate in conservation, sustainability, reconciliation and conversation.
- Cultivating Learning We encourage inquiry, discovery and transformational education.
Job Description: The Willowgrove Aquatics staff are responsible for the safety and program delivery of waterfront activities at camp. This includes our pools, ponds, and creek. Each camper participates in daily swimming lessons in one of our two pools. Aquatic staff are also responsible for assisting with first aid for campers and staff.
Employment Dates: Aquatic staff must work a minimum of 6 out of 8 camp weeks. Staff are expected to work all 5 days of each session. These sessions are:
Week 1: July 4 – 8
Week 2: July 11 – 15
Week 3: July 18 – 22
Week 4: July 25 – 29
Week 5: August 2 – 5
Week 6: August 8 – 12
Week 7: August 15 – 19
Week 8: August 22 – 26
Staff training is mandatory for all staff from June 29 – July 1.
• Aquatic staff must be age 16 by the end of the year
• Holds current certifications in National Lifeguard, Standard First Aid + CPR-C, Lifesaving Society Swim Instructors
• Ability to communicate and work as a member of a team
• Mental Health First Aid (not required but strongly recommended)
• Clean vulnerable sector police record check
Vaccination Policy: Willowgrove requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Ontario government at least 14 days prior to the start of their contract