Data Quality Assistant
Data Quality Assistant
Outward Bound Canada is committed to inclusion and strives to have broad representation that reflects the diversity of Canada. We encourage applications from candidates who identify as Black, Indigenous, People of Colour or People of the Global Majority, members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community, and all other equity-deserving groups.
WHO WE ARE
Outward Bound Canada (OBC) is a charity that equips youth for the future through adventures in nature. These experiences develop resilience, social and emotional intelligence, and environmental leadership to prepare youth with skills to contribute to a better, more compassionate, and resilient society. Read about the impact of our work and our statement on Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
The Data Quality Assistant will report to and work very closely through a mentoring relationship with the Director, Leadership Giving, and other staff members to raise data accuracy, quality, and performance levels in our Sales and Philanthropy teams, ensure data quality awareness across multiple staff profiles e.g. department heads, account managers, etc., and proactively improve the quality and effective use of OBC’s CRM.
WHAT WE OFFER
Location: Remote (preferably close to one of our operating areas: Vancouver Island, Vancouver, Canmore, Toronto, Bracebridge)
Starting Rate: $17.50/hour
Term: 8 Weeks Contract Term (35 hours per week)
Benefits: Health Care Spending Account (HCSA) and Employee Assistance Plan
Supervisor: Director, Leadership Giving
Application Deadline: May 11, 2022
Anticipated Start Date: May 2022
OPPORTUNITY FOR IMPACT
- Clean and update database records.
- Assist with optimizing the use of our CRM to increase efficiencies for revenue development teams.
- Assist with the review and update of the internal user guidelines, protocols, and restrictions.
- Assist with importing data to our CRM and table clean-up.
- Assist with the database transition/improvement project and the CRM taskforce.
- Learn and follow OBC’s gift acceptance policies and procedures with adherence to CRA guidelines.
- Contact donors and update donor records with current information.
- Provide input on improving gift processing efficiency.
- Participation in data training.
Other Departmental Support
- Provide support as needed for Major Gifts and Individual Giving portfolio.
- Provide support with virtual events; determining the platform, speakers, scripts, monitoring chat, etc.
WHAT YOU BRING
OBC recognizes relevant skills and knowledge can be gained through volunteer and life experiences as well as professional and educational backgrounds. Please outline in a brief cover letter how you have gained the following experiences, and how you would apply them to this role:
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- Clear Vulnerable Sector check
- A relevant college or university degree in data management, business administration, or related field from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Desire to learn about the non-profit and charitable sector.
- Excellent focus, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Analytical skills using databases and search engines and the ability to present this information clearly.
- Good proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Resourcefulness, initiative, flexibility, and the ability to develop a plan of action and meet deadlines.
- Genuine interest in improving the lives of young people through OBC’s programs.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to work independently to effectively manage time.
- Strong understanding of topics related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Adaptable can prioritize while working on numerous projects.
- High level of cross-cultural competence, in recognition, that Outward Bound Canada works with students and partners from a diversity of communities and backgrounds
- Passionate about the Outward Bound Canada mission, an interest in outdoor pursuits, and a desire to help get young people outdoors for transformative experiences
- Strong working knowledge of donor databases is an asset.
The position is in collaboration with the Canada Summer Jobs program and has eligibility criteria including:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment.
- A Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or person whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee protection act.
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
Apply for this position by submitting your cover letter and resume as one PDF using this form.
Explore other current job openings at Outward Bound Canada.