Position Title: Customer Service Representative, YMCA Camp Elphinstone
Location: Gibsons, BC
Terms: Part-time Term Contract: 21-26 hours/week and
Full-Time Term Contract 35 hours/week
Contract Dates: Part Time: June 1 – September 3, 2022
Full Time: March 28 – October 14, 2022
Part Time Shifts
June 1 – July 3: Monday/Wednesday/Friday
July 4 – September 3: Monday/Tuesday/Friday/Saturday
Full Time Shifts
Monday-Friday (Sunday-Thursday during summer months)
Reports To: Director, YMCA Camp Elphinstone
Nature & Scope:
The Customer Service Representative is the primary administrative support for the YMCA Camp Elphinstone main office. . The person will provide onsite excellent customer service, registration support, and office administration support for all camp programs. The work environment is fast-paced with a high volume of program participants.
- Support registration for all YMCA Camp Elphinstone programs
- Provide exemplary customer service
- Monitor phone and email inquiries
- Support customers in the navigation of online self-service technologies
- Work with Microsoft Office, ActiveNet, and other Database systems
- Process transactions
- Produce reports
- Waitlist management
- Collect and sort mail
- Provide positive and welcoming presence at reception desk; maintains organized reception area
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with key stakeholders including YMCA staff and volunteers, community agencies and other service providers
- Behaves in a professional manner at all times
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
- Related experience
- Experience with CRM Systems
- Working knowledge of new technologies
- Strong computer proficiency
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and work independently
- Ability to be flexible and problem solve
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Well-developed interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference
- Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date
- Mandatory full Covid-19 vaccination required
- Commitment to Organization and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA of Greater Vancouver.
- Service Orientation: Deliberately identifies needs and wants of members/participants and creates opportunities to enhance each and every person’s YMCA experience.
- Teamwork: Ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
- Communication: Ability to speak, write, listen, and secure information in a variety of settings.
- Outcomes Oriented: Ability to lead, manage and achieve identified goals.
To apply for the Full-Time position, please click the link below:
To apply for the Part-Time position, please click the link below:
Application deadline: Ongoing until filled.
Thank you for your interest and application. Due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA of Greater Vancouver is committed to creating an inclusive, accessible environment where all members of our community feel valued, respected, and supported. We encourage applications from the diverse communities in which we live and serve, including but not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. We have established policies, procedures, and practices to meet accessibility standards throughout the hiring process. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our Human Resources department.