CQE Office Administrator
Position: CQE Office Administrator
Start Date: June 25th, 2022, spring contract may also be available
Compensation: $575/week – New Manager or $625/week – Experienced Manager, based on experience in a camp or office work environment
YMCA Camp Queen Elizabeth (CQE) is a seasonal summer camp and outdoor center located in Georgian Bay Islands National Park on Beausoleil Island just outside of Honey Harbour, Ontario. Since 1953, CQE has offered a variety of programs for children and youth ages 6-17, including traditional one and two week overnight camps, extended canoe out trips, leadership programs, and outdoor education programs for school groups. The programs offered have a strong emphasis on waterfront activities, canoe tripping, and environmental education. YMCA Camp Queen Elizabeth operates during the spring and fall seasons as an Outdoor Center, offering a variety of programs for schools and groups as well as a selection of training events and retreats for camp staff, adults and private groups. Annually, CQE hosts approximately 2000 participants throughout the outdoor education and summer camp programs.
Our Office Administrators maintains the flow of information throughout Camp, to and from camper families, and between CQE and the Camping Branch in London. This position is expected to provide excellent customer service to camp families and outdoor education clients throughout the season and provide administrative support to all camp operations. This position may be filled by 2 people and responsibilities would with split between the two staff. The main components of this job include the management of:
- Incoming and outgoing information (mail, telephone, e-mail)
- Camp information, registrations, and camper lists (camper files, cabin lists and bus rosters)
- Program attendances and schedules
- Supplies and inventories (office, merchandise)
- Social media (Instagram and Facebook)
- Staff paperwork
- Camper mail
This position works closely with Directors, Managers and other staff to facilitate timely distribution of necessary information to the camp. The person in this position must have an understanding of the information needed by each area of camp, and an ability to use Microsoft Excel.
- A complimentary YMCA membership which encourages you to embrace the Y’s philosophy of health and well-being
- Ensures all camper information is received and appropriately logged in our registration system and camper files. Organizes lists of all campers and staff including cabin groupings, bus lists and dietary restrictions. Maintains confidentiality with all sensitive information
- Accepts registrations and communicates regularly with the Camping Branch in London
- Creates attendances for camp activities and sorts campers into their morning program areas each week
- Manages camp social media pages both Instagram and Facebook
- Maintains a calm, positive, and professional demeanor in all interactions with clients, participants, and the public
- Responds to all messages within 24 hours and replies to time sensitive concerns or inquiries immediately. Has excellent customer service skills and has a warm and friendly tone with all clients
- Responsible for ordering and inventorying all first aid and office supplies
- Maintains a consistently positive attitude, role models the YMCA core values and maintains a healthy lifestyle
- Works effectively and efficiently with other office administrators to ensure responsibilities are covered
Qualifications & Experience:
- Standard First Aid, CPR C
- National lifeguarding (preferred)
- G Class License
- Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Position Screening
- Extensive organization skills
- Preferred Applicants: A mature and computer literate person with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Decision Making
- Quality Results
- Change Capacity
- Emotional Maturity
Other Position Details:
This position is a seasonal contract from June 25th- September 2nd, 2022. There is also the possibility of a Spring Outdoor Centre contract starting in June. The successful candidate is required to live on site at Camp Queen Elizabeth in traditional cabin accommodations. Time off will be scheduled each session with staff receiving the equivalent of one day off per week.
YMCA of Southwestern Ontario employees and volunteers are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to help prevent and limit the spread. As per this policy, they must do one of the following:
• Provide proof of each COVID-19 vaccination dose by showing their Ontario Ministry of Health issued document.
• Provide documented evidence of a Human Rights or medical exemption. Supervisors will refer all exemption requests to Human Resources for support
- Submit resume, application form and cover letter by email to: Jacqueline Taylor, Camp Director, Camp Queen Elizabeth email@example.com at (519)-453-8858 x 1100. Please include the Job Title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.