CQE Assistant Operations Manager
Position: Assistant Operations Manager
Location: YMCA Camp Queen Elizabeth
Start Date: May 21, 2023
Compensation: : $450-$550/week, based on level of relevant experience working in a maintenance or operations camp environment
YMCA Camp Queen Elizabeth (CQE) is a seasonal summer camp and outdoor center located in Georgian Bay Islands National Park on Beausoleil Island just outside of Honey Harbour, Ontario. Since 1953, CQE has offered a variety of programs for children and youth ages 6-17, including traditional one and two week overnight camps, extended canoe out trips, leadership programs, and outdoor education programs for school groups. The programs offered have a strong emphasis on waterfront activities, canoe tripping, and environmental education. YMCA Camp Queen Elizabeth operates during the spring and fall seasons as an Outdoor Center, offering a variety of programs for schools and groups as well as a selection of training events and retreats for camp staff, adults and private groups. Annually, CQE hosts approximately 2000 participants throughout the outdoor education and summer camp programs.
The Assistant Operations Manager is a member of our facilities and maintenance team and works alongside the Operations Manager to ensure that all facilities at CQE are maintained at a high level of cleanliness and are kept in good repair. This includes the regular cleaning schedule of camp buildings and facilities and general repair and maintenance of our facilities. They will work along with the Ops Manager to support and organize the daily operations of the camp, including food and garbage boat runs, special maintenance projects, and other tasks as assigned. The Assistant Ops Manager will take on a leadership within the Ops team and will take on the Ops Managers responsibilities when they are away.
- A complimentary YMCA membership which encourages you to embrace the Y’s philosophy of health and well-being
- Helps maintain a clean and functional facility that meets the needs and expectations of clients, participants, and campers through daily cleaning and maintenance
- Support Operations Manager in ensuring we are in compliance with all rules and regulations in order to ensure a safe environment
- Responsible for driving camp cars and boats. Operates all vessels in a safe and courteous manner. Reports any deficiencies in vessels to operations manager or camp director immediately.
- Takes a leadership role on the operations team and acts as designate when the Operations Manager is offsite or unavailable
- Proactively manages physical risk throughout the facility and in camp vehicles and vessels
- Seeks to continuously improve the camp facility through resource conservation, innovation, and hard work
- Maintains a consistently positive attitude, role models the YMCA core values of caring, respect responsibility, honesty, and inclusiveness. Maintains a healthy lifestyle
- Work collaboratively with other areas of camp and is involved in ensuring a smooth coordination of camp programs
Qualifications & Experience:
- G Class License
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card
- OCA Marine Module
- Valid CPR C and Standard First Aid
- Current clear Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening as per current YMCA human resource policy
- Preferred Applicants: A positive, hard working and flexible person looking to contribute to a vital area of camp and further their education and experience
- Quality Results
- Self Development
- Change Capacity
- Emotional Maturity
- Project Management
- Decision Making
Other Position Details:
This position is a seasonal contract from May 21nd-September 1, 2023. The successful candidate is required to live on site at Camp Queen Elizabeth in traditional cabin accommodations. Time off will be scheduled each session with staff receiving the equivalent of one day off per week.
- Submit resume, application form and cover letter by email to: Isabel Kennedy, Camp Director, Camp Queen Elizabeth firstname.lastname@example.org at (519)-453-8858 x 1100. Please include the Job Title in the subject line. Applications will remain open until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.