Counsellor, Specialty programmer, lifeguards
Discovery Day Camp is hiring staff for a variety of positions.
Counsellors- Must be at least 16 years of age to apply
- actively supervise camper throughout the day and during lunch
- participate alongside campers in specialty areas
- ensure campers safety at all times
- learn the likes and dislikes of your campers
- take daily attendance
- be aware of emergency protocols while at camp
- work alongside other staff members.
- implement fun outdoor programming
- develop daily programs for campers in the area of Arts and crafts, Sports, Dance, Nature. This would be alongside other programmers and working with the Director as well.
- design programming that meets the needs and abilities of campers aged 4-12
- prepare for the program before the start of camp
- ensure safety at all times
- conduct daily checks of facilities and equipment in your program area
- assist in packing up your area and supplies for the following season.
Lifeguards- Head and assistant head, as well as staff. Must be Bronze Cross certified.
- constant supervision of the campers while at the pool
- be sure that all campers and staff are following water safety protocols
- inspect and report all concerns of maintenance in relation to the pool