Counsellor (Day or Overnight)
If Interested please submit an application to https://cavespringscamp.campbrainstaff.com/
Contract from June 30 until August 27th. Applicants are required to live on site with the exception of Day Camp Counsellors. Room and board included.
Remuneration of $270-365 per week depending on experience and qualifications.
Purpose of Position
- To provide care, supervision, and leadership for all campers at Cave Springs Camp
- To be an effective part of a staff team committed to providing a positive experience for all community members
Conditions of Employment for a Camp Counsellor
That the employee:
- Submits to a criminal reference check at his/her own expense no later than July 2. (if over 18)
- Agrees to the full term of employment and is available to work the appointed schedule.
- Attends & participates fully in all Staff Training programs; the Camp Director must be notified of all schedule conflicts as soon as possible.
- Agrees to live by and ensure the maintenance of all philosophies, policies and procedures of Cave Springs and Cave Springs Camp.
Responsibilities and Expectations of a Camp Counsellor
- A responsibility and expectation for care, leadership, safety and supervision of campers:
- Provides a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment for all campers and staff.
- Is a positive role-model for campers, staff, volunteers, and others associated with the camping program.
- Is present and attentive to the needs of campers and staff throughout the daily schedule.
- Facilitates the planning of scheduling of the daily schedule for their assigned group
- Instructs campers in emergency procedures.
- Completes all required documentation in an accurate and timely nature.
- Maintains good public relations with campers’ parents/guardians.
- Provides effective communication of information with staff members.
- Supervising campers overnight in the case of overnight counsellors.
- A responsibility and expectation to contribute positively to working as a team with all staff members:
- Attends and participates fully in all pre-camp training sessions.
- Shares the workload and responsibilities with fellow staff members.
- Facilitates the learning and growth of other staff members.
- Effectively communicates the needs and concerns of campers and staff to co-leaders.
- A responsibility and expectation for personal care, growth and learning:
- Sets personal goals and engages in on-going self-evaluation.
- Utilizes the resources of other members of the staff team and campers.
- Is a role-model for personal self-care including health and well-being.
- Engages in ongoing skill development.
- A responsibility and expectation for community living issues:
- Is actively involved in planning, facilitating, and providing resources for campers and other staff.
- Takes care of equipment and the facility.
- Works effectively with year-round and seasonal staff of Cave Springs Camp.
- Maintains professionalism and confidentiality when necessary.
- Takes responsibility for upholding community norms.
- Follows COVID-19 policies, procedures, and practices of Cave Springs Camp.
- Supports and lives by all policies, procedures, and guidelines of Cave Springs Camp.
- A responsibility for other duties as may be required:
- Recognizes duties may be re-assigned or additional responsibilities may be requested as needed to fulfill Cave Springs Camp mission and vision.
- Camp Counsellors are accountable to the Camp Director and Assistant Director
- Ongoing direction and supervision are provided by the Day Camp and Overnight Coordinators