Counsellor (Day Camp or Overnight)
We are looking for Day Camp and Overnight Counsellors. Counsellors are responsible for the care and supervision of camper groups throughout the day. As such, they will accompany their groups to all activities and will also have numerous opportunities to plan and facilitate fun and engaging programming for their campers. They are role models, mentors, listeners, adventure guides, problem solvers, and encouragers who are the frontline faces, hands, eyes and ears of the Cave Springs camp experience. Day Camp Counsellors have the option to live on site throughout the week and continue to support the overnight program when day camp ends.
Terms: Full-time 9 weeks (or negotiated weeks): June 29 to August 30, 2024.
- Provide a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment for all campers and staff.
- Act as a positive role-model for campers, staff, volunteers, and others associated with the camping program.
- Act as a servant leader who is present and attentive to the needs of campers and staff.
- Facilitate the planning of the daily schedule for assigned group.
- Lead activities for assigned group.
- Provide leadership, support and supervision at camp-wide events.
- Bring enthusiasm, creativity and excellence to camp leadership and programming.
- Contribute to the development of faith formation and a supportive Christian community environment
- Instruct campers in emergency procedures.
- Complete all required documentation in an accurate and timely nature.
- Maintain good public relations with campers’ parents/guardians.
- Provide effective communication of information with staff members.
- Supervise campers in overnight program, as assigned.
- Share the workload and responsibilities with fellow staff members.
- Facilitate the learning and growth of other staff members.
- Effectively communicate the needs and concerns of campers and staff to co-leaders.
- Utilize the resources of other members of the staff team and campers.
- Act as a role-model for personal self-care including health and well-being.
- Engages in ongoing skill development.
- Contribute to the planning, facilitating, and providing resources for campers and other staff.
- Take care of equipment and the facility.
- Work effectively with year-round and seasonal staff of Cave Springs Camp.
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality when necessary.
- Take responsibility for upholding community norms.
- Follow the policies, procedures, and practices of Cave Springs Camp.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Experience in leading children
- Ability to work in day or residential camp setting
- Ability to lead small and large group camp activities
- Ability to provide ongoing supervision and care for children
- Strong teamwork skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with children, parents and team members
First aid and CPR certification is considered an asset. Lifeguard certifications (Bronze Cross or NLS) also considered an asset.
Please apply through our website.
Information about all the positions available, as well as about Cave Springs Camp in general, can be found on our website: https://cavespringscamp.on.ca/become-camp-staff/positions/
Should you have any questions, please feel free to send us an email and we’d be happy to help.
Successful applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview with the Directing Team. Thank you for your interest in working at Cave Springs Camp!
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal