Counsellor, Full Time
New hire-$58.33 per day & Returning staff-$62.50 per day (plus room & board)
Camp Stephens, Lake of the Woods, Kenora, Ontario (Live on Site)
June 26–September 2, 2022 (subject to change)
Do you love working with children? Want to help provide a high-quality camp experience for every child? Excited
about spending your Spring and Summer on an island in beautiful Lake of the Woods? Camp Stephens provides a
unique opportunity for everyone. As a camp counsellor you will work directly with campers, ensuring they have a
safe, fun, supportive and positive experience while helping them to grow and develop as individuals.
Are you the right fit?
• Able to plan and deliver age and ability appropriate camp programs
• Supports and supervises campers at all scheduled activities
• Able to manage cabin group dynamics to ensure a positive experience for all campers
• Willing to ensure the needs of assigned campers are being met (including physical, emotional, social,
medical and nutritional)
• Provides additional support to the larger team as needed
What else do you need?
• Must be at least 18 years of age or have a
high school diploma
• Standard First Aid & CPR C
• Bronze Cross
• Globally Harmonized System (will train)
• Fully immunized against COVID-19 or valid
• Canoe Tripping I
• National Lifeguard (NL)
• Advanced First Aid and other outdoor
Submit your cover letter and resume by April 22nd, 2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg is committed to providing a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All applicants will be
thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Checks.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are hired, prior to your start date and as a condition of your employment, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully
immunized against COVID-19 or have a valid exemption