Do you have a love for the outdoors? Do you have a genuine interest in developing your leadership skills? Are you interested in a challenging yet extremely rewarding role of working with children? Do you have a passion for trying new adventures? If you can say YES to these descriptions, then being a summer camp counsellor could be a good fit for you. We are looking for enthusiastic, team-oriented, creative individuals like yourself.
Lambton Centre runs an Outdoor Education program and a Summer Camp program from May to August.
This fantastic experience may be the most rewarding summer job you could ever have.
This is a contract, full-time, Summer position. Lambton Centre will provide a week of training to prepare you for an exciting summer of adventure. As a member of the summer camp team, counsellors will be responsible for creating and maintaining a physically, emotionally and spiritually safe space for campers through their direct guidance and support of daily tasks and group development.
Due to the current pandemic, this position’s responsibilities may need to be flexible depending on public health requirements.
Overview of Key Position Responsibilities:
- This position is accountable to the Summer Camp Director.
- To carry out the policies and directives set forth by the Board of Directors as well as the Ontario Campers Association, United Church of Canada Camping Association.
- Provide fun and welcoming cabin environment for campers.
- Provide direct supervision at all times to campers, ensuring that safety is of utmost importance.
- To attend ALL camp activities punctually.
- To participate and lead programming activities at the request of the program team.
- Accommodations are available throughout the summer. But the candidate must be able to live on-site when campers are on site.
- Must be 17yrs old as of Dec. 31st, 2021
- Some high school education is required.
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Reliable, punctual, dependable and accountable
- Appreciation and passion for Summer Camp
- Ability to work as a team.
- Requires a Vulnerable Records Screening
- First Aid Certificate
- Water safety qualifications would be an asset.
Detailed Job description available upon request.
Application with attached Resumes must be submitted by March 30, 2022
Resumes can also be forwarded to email@example.com