Counsellor, Full Time
New hire-$350.00 per week & Returning staff-$375.00 per week (plus room & board)
Camp Stephens, Lake of the Woods, Kenora, Ontario (Live on Site)
June 25–September 1, 2023 (subject to change)
Do you love working with children? Want to help provide a high-quality camp experience for every child? Excited about spending your Spring and Summer on an island in beautiful Lake of the Woods? Camp Stephens provides a unique opportunity for everyone. As a camp counsellor you will work directly with campers, ensuring they have a safe, fun, supportive and positive experience while helping them to grow and develop as individuals.
Are you the right fit?
- Able to plan and deliver age and ability appropriate camp programs
- Supports and supervises campers at all scheduled activities
- Able to manage cabin group dynamics to ensure a positive experience for all campers
- Willing to ensure the needs of assigned campers are being met (including physical, emotional, social, medical and nutritional)
- Provides additional support to the larger team as needed
What else do you need?
- Must be at least 18 years of age or have a high school diploma
- Standard First Aid & CPR C
- Bronze Cross
- Globally Harmonized System (will train)
- Fully immunized against COVID-19 or valid exemption
- Canoe Tripping I
- National Lifeguard (NL)
- Advanced First Aid and other outdoor activity certifications
Submit your cover letter and resume by January 31, 2023 to: firstname.lastname@example.org