The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation is committed to serving youth from low-income families living in Tim Hortons communities across Canada and the United States. Our programs builds skills and strengths that help youth thrive at school, succeed in their future workplaces and become positive, contributing members of their communities.
Tim Horton Children’s Ranch (THCR) is spread out over 200 acres in beautiful Kananaskis Country. Located a 1 hour drive west of Calgary, Kananaskis is surrounded by popular tourist communities including Banff and Lake Louise. THCR offers a panoramic view of the Canadian Rockies and glacier-fed waters. Program highlights at THCR include: overnight camping and backpacking, whitewater rafting, organic gardening, horseback riding and rock climbing on a real rock face.
Room and board available for the duration of the contract
*We have this role available at other locations
Work Term – Summer and Fall 2022
Competitive wages, pay and travel incentives
What would you be doing?
- Enhance the experience of the Foundation’s campers and guests by providing high quality, nutritious meals and ensuring high quality of food products in all stages of production
- Prepare, season and cook nutritious balanced foods such as soups, salads, meats, fish, vegetables, desserts, sauces and casseroles
- Ensure meals are attractive, the correct temperature, and portion size and served in a timely manner according to the camp schedule
- Study menus and understand the camp schedule to be able to plan and prepare proper amounts of food for a fluctuating level of campers, often planning for meals to be served offsite and in different locations
- Operation of gas, electric, and steam powered commercial kitchen equipment, in a safe and informed manner and maintaining equipment in high degree of cleanliness
- Knowledge of special dietary requirements including but not limited to, vegan, vegetarian, carb count, celiac, allergies and anaphylaxis. With skills to be able to create these meals safely, with creativity to meet the nutritional needs of the campers
- Maintaining a clean and organized workspace to ensure food safety protocols and safe working environment for other kitchen workers
- Assist in receiving deliveries, ensuring all supplies are checked for quality, labeled, stored, and rotated properly following the FIFO method
- Ensure the completion of required documentation, inventory counts, food and equipment temperature, cleaning checklists, special diet tracking and food waste tracking
- Serve and assist in the service of meals in back and front of the house. Meals can be served family style, cafeteria style or to go.
- Supervise and give direction to Prep Cook and Food Service Assistant when needed.
- Ensure that health and safety, sanitation and “Serve Safe” standards are followed and maintained
- Identify, address and/or report hazards to the Food Service Manager
- Find opportunities to positively interact with our campers and guests
- Contribute to a supportive and positive work environment by modelling inclusivity, dependability and team cohesiveness
Does this sound like you?
- 1 – 2 years of training in commercial food preparation
- Solid knowledge of standards in food preparation, serving and other kitchen procedures
- Experience cooking for large groups
- Solid arithmetic skills and ability to memorize details
- Time management, problem solving and organizational skills
- Food Safety Certification is considered an asset
- Clear criminal background check and/or vulnerable sector search, if applicable
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
- Able to work on your feet for 8 hours a day
Join our team to…
- Be part of a passionate team committed to empowering youth to pursue a life without limits
- Work in a positive and friendly environment
- Receive comprehensive training
- Work in a picturesque location, ideal for outdoor adventures
- Enjoy meals while campers are in session
- Have access to various recreational activities
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps (THFC) is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment, and seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases.
If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Tims Camps is committed to taking all reasonable efforts to ensure the health and safety of those that use our work locations. As such, offers of employment are conditional upon being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 and providing THFC with proof of your vaccination status. “Fully Vaccinated” means having received the completed series of a COVID-19 Vaccine. An individual is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving their completed series. In the event you are unable to be Fully Vaccinated based on medical reasons or protected ground by the applicable Human Rights Code, THFC will consider requests for accommodation on an individual basis. Personal health information collected by THFC is stored in accordance with applicable privacy laws and will be kept confidential.