Tim Hortons Foundation Camps help youth from underserved communities achieve their full potential through multi-year, overnight camp experiences. Whether at camp or back home in their communities between visits—our youth work to build social, emotional, leadership and innovation skills and behaviours like volunteerism and motivation to learn so they become civically and academically engaged, and successfully transition to adulthood.
At Tims Camps, we are catalysts for good—helping our youth participants and teammates be the best they can be, developing personal and career growth. We empower young people with skills to open doors to their future. That is our North Star and, together, we help shape leaders that build stronger communities.
This role will be based onsite at the Tim Horton Camp Whiteshell, Seven Sisters Falls, Manitoba. Room and board available for the duration of the contract
*We have this role available at other locations
We are recruiting for 3 Cook’s to join our team, contracts starting Spring 2022 until Fall 2022.
$14.75 – $16.50 depending on experience.
What would you be doing?
- Enhance the experience of the Foundation’s campers and guests by providing high quality, nutritious meals and ensuring high quality of food products in all stages of production
- Prepare, season and cook nutritious balanced foods such as soups, salads, meats, fish, vegetables, desserts, sauces and casseroles
- Ensure meals are attractive, the correct temperature, and portion size and served in a timely manner according to the camp schedule
- Study menus and understand the camp schedule to be able to plan and prepare proper amounts of food for a fluctuating level of campers, often planning for meals to be served offsite and in different locations
- Operation of gas, electric, and steam powered commercial kitchen equipment, in a safe and informed manner and maintaining equipment in high degree of cleanliness
- Knowledge of special dietary requirements including but not limited to, vegan, vegetarian, carb count, celiac, allergies and anaphylaxis. With skills to be able to create these meals safely, with creativity to meet the nutritional needs of the campers
- Maintaining a clean and organized workspace to ensure food safety protocols and safe working environment for other kitchen workers
- Assist in receiving deliveries, ensuring all supplies are checked for quality, labeled, stored, and rotated properly following the FIFO method
- Ensure the completion of required documentation, inventory counts, food and equipment temperature, cleaning checklists, special diet tracking and food waste tracking
- Serve and assist in the service of meals in back and front of the house. Meals can be served family style, cafeteria style or to go
- Supervise and give direction to Prep Cook and Food Service Assistant when needed
- Ensure that health and safety, sanitation and “Serve Safe” standards are followed and maintained
- Identify, address and/or report hazards to the Food Service Manager
- Find opportunities to positively interact with our campers and guests
- Contribute to a supportive and positive work environment by modelling inclusivity, dependability and team cohesiveness
Does this sound like you?
- 1 – 2 years of training in commercial food preparation
- Solid knowledge of standards in food preparation, serving and other kitchen procedures
- Experience cooking for large groups
- Solid arithmetic skills and ability to memorize details
- Time management, problem solving and organizational skills
- Food Safety Certification is considered an asset
- Clear criminal background check and/or vulnerable sector search, if applicable
- Legally eligible to work in Canada or the USA, depending on camp location
- Able to work on your feet for 8 hours a day
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps (THFC) is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment and seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases.
If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Tims Camps is committed to taking all reasonable efforts to ensure the health and safety of those that use our work locations. As such, offers of employment are conditional upon being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 and providing THFC with proof of your vaccination status. “Fully Vaccinated” means having received the completed series of a COVID-19 Vaccine. An individual is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving their completed series. In the event you are unable to be Fully Vaccinated based on medical reasons or protected ground by the applicable Human Rights Code, THFC will consider requests for accommodation on an individual basis. Personal health information collected by THFC is stored in accordance with applicable privacy laws and will be kept confidential.