Co-Director Outdoor Education
Olympia Sports Camp
Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
Hours: Mid-April to October at camp (Every other Friday-Sunday off)
November to Mid-April at Markham Office (Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:00pm). Working from home may be an option during winter.
- Previous experience working at an outdoor education center (management experience preferred)
- Level 2 Challenge Course Practitioner Certification (Challenge Course Manager certification preferred)
- ORCKA Basic Canoeing Instructor (asset)
- Wilderness First Responder (asset)
- G class Driver’s Licence with good driving record
- Organize and schedule trips for schools, social groups, sporting teams, universities and corporate businesses
- Hire and manage a team of 25 staff in spring season and 14 staff in fall season
- Insure all aspects of camp meet required standards of all applicable governing bodies. This includes OCA, OPHEA, TSSA, ACCT.
- Challenge Course Manager (possibly)
- Coach various sports during the summer. This may include Canoe Tripping and Climbing.
- Parent information presentations at schools
- Website Maintenance
- Advertise Programs
- Program equipment purchasing, inventory, and maintenance
- Maintain staff manuals and risk management plans
- Help run camp Tuck Shop