Challenge Ropes Course Instructor
Camp Kirk empowers neurodiverse kids and youth to reach their potential through recreational programs. Within a small and nurturing community, our programs emphasize strengths so that participants can develop confidence, connection and community. Camp Kirk supports neurodiverse kids and youth, ages 6-17. The majority of our campers have learning disabilities, autism, and/or ADHD.
In collaboration with a co-instructor, the Challenge Ropes Course Instructor will be responsible for planning and facilitating a program that utilizes high and low ropes course elements and rock climbing walls. The program uses a ‘challenge-by-choice’ philosophy to help participants develop confidence, teamwork skills, and social connection.
As a member of the General Staff Team, the individual hired will be assigned to jobs that support the general camp program. Session-to-session, these duties will change but may include: being a Cabin Counsellor, planning and facilitating All-Camp programming (i.e. campfires, special events, etc.), and providing nightime supervision.
CONTRACT DETAILS + COMPENSATION
The contract runs from June 19 – Aug 28, 2023. Staff reside in cabins with 3-4 other staff members. Compensation for a summer contract is $5,700 + room and board.
REQUIREMENTS + EXPECTATIONS
- Must be at least 19+ years old by June 2023
- 2+ years experience rock climbing and/or participating in a high ropes course program is required
- All staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Applicants should be keen to work and live in a close-knit communal setting
- Once hired, applicants must be willing to secure the following before their start date:
- Standard First Aid + CPR(C), or equivalent or higher certification
- Criminal Record Check
Note: Camp Kirk will pay for the successful applicant to gain formal certification and training required to operate the ropes course elements.
Fill out an Application: campkirk.com/staff-application/. You will be required to upload a copy of your resume as part of the application.