Challenge Course – Rock Climbing Instructor
Location: YMCA Camp Elphinstone, 1760 YMCA Road, Gibsons, BC V0N 1V6
Rate of Pay: $125.06.65 – $128.06/day
Position Status: Seasonal Contract, Full time
Term: June 24th to September 2nd , 2023
Reports To: Program Director, Summer Camp Director
Nature & Scope
YMCA Camp Elphinstone is seeking individuals to fill the role of Challenge Course/Rock Climbing Instructor.
The Challenge Course/Rock Climbing Instructors are responsible for executing all aspects of the challenge course program, including inspecting and maintaining all challenge course equipment, ensuring that all programs are meeting risk management standards and delivering an experiential, camper-focused experience at Camp Elphinstone’s 3 challenge courses and low ropes course.
Challenge Course/Rock Climbing Instructors are members of the program staff team at camp. The program staff team will responsible for instructing camp activities and supporting other staff in delivering programs. They will also have other daily responsibilities such as helping with supervision of campers, evening cabin support, facilitating early morning and evening programs, program logistics, and care/maintenance of camp program equipment.
· Facilitating experiential and camper-focused high ropes, rock climbing, and low ropes programs to children ages 5-17.
· Regularly inspect, maintain, and inventory all challenge course equipment. Report issues to the Program Director.
· Ensure that all staff and participants are following Camp Elphinstone’s challenge course policies and procedures at all times.
· Work with the other members of the program staff team to accomplish shared responsibilities.
· Standard First Aid & CPR-C
· Bronze Cross
· ACCT Level 1 or equivalent experience
· Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening issued no later than six (6) months preceding start date
· 3 Successful Reference Checks
Additional Qualifications (assets)
· ACCT Level 2