Camp Kirk empowers neurodiverse kids and youth to reach their potential through recreational programs. Within a small and nurturing community, our programs emphasize strengths so that participants can develop confidence, connection and community. Camp Kirk supports neurodiverse kids and youth, ages 6-17. The majority of our campers have learning disabilities, autism, and/or ADHD.
The Canoeing Instructor is responsible for planning and facilitating a recreational canoe program that is fun, engaging, and inclusive for groups of campers, aged 6-16. Each day the Canoe Instructor will take a cabin group of campers and their staff on a canoeing excursion to explore local lakes and develop canoeing skills.
As a member of the Program Staff Team, the individual hired will be involved in the planning and facilitation of all camp programming, including special events, all camp games, campfires, etc. When not directly involved in programming, members of the Program Staff Team provide support to individual campers, cabin groups, and general camp operations.
CONTRACT DETAILS + COMPENSATION
The dates of employment run from June 18th – August 26th, 2024. Staff reside at camp in cabins with 3-4 other staff members. Total compensation for a full summer contract is $6,375 + room and board.
REQUIREMENTS + EXPECTATIONS
- 19+ years old by June 2024
- Strong flat-water canoe skills is required
- Previous experience leading canoe programming is required
- Bronze Cross or National Lifeguard certification by June 2024 (Camp Kirk can cover the cost of the certification)
- Applicants should be keen to work and live in a close-knit communal setting
- Once hired, applicants must be willing to secure the following before their start date:
- Standard First Aid + CPR(C), or equivalent or higher certification
- Criminal Record Check
Please head to campkirk.com/jobs to submit an online application.