Canoe Tripping Staff
Camp Couchiching is currently seeking qualified canoe tripping staff for our Camp in Ontario, Canada.
The position will run from May 22nd – August 27th, 2022.
We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic staff with experience leading canoe trips. This is a great opportunity for those who love canoe tripping and working with children. Trips are planned throughout Ontario including in Algonquin Provincial Park, a world-class canoe-tripping preserve.
- Lead trips for cabin groups, ensure that trips are fun and safe experiences for cabins
- While on trip responsible for the risk management decision making and ensuring the safety of the trip
- Ensure that all trip equipment is properly maintained and organized.
- Ensure that all trips leave camp on time and clean up their trip when returning to camp
- Involve campers in the trip preparation and clean up phases whenever possible
- Supporting other camp programs onsite, such as evening programs, cabin coverage as needed
- Experience leading canoe trips for participants
- Bronze Cross, National Lifeguard Certification preferred
- Standard First aid and CPR C
- Wilderness First Aid is an asset
- ORCKA certifications are an asset
A competitive camp staff salary, significant training/on-boarding, room & board, staff programming, reimbursement for some qualifications and time off is all provided. Ideally the applicant is under 30 years of age because this allows us to pay the person more due to pending youth government grants.
Please learn more and apply: https://www.campcouchiching.com/contact/our-staff/