The Disciples Conference Grounds (DCG) is looking for a friendly individual who loves the outdoors and wants to make our campers’ experience at DCG a positive, memorable one. As a not-for-profit, religious group camping facility in operation for almost 70 years, the role of the campground attendant is to ensure that those staying at DCG have a spectacular time in our natural space. DCG strives to be a welcoming, inclusive space for a diverse range of people and communities using this camp facility. While DCG offers its own programming, the space is also available for groups to reserve. This 70-bed campground sits on 50 acres hugging the Lake Erie shoreline outside of Sweets Corners, Ontario.
This position has it all; grounds and facility maintenance, leadership, and public safety. Duties include maintaining the camp space, maintaining the grounds, providing support for groups using the camp, and performing regular inspections of facilities. Please contact for a detailed list of position duties.
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and all other vaccinations up-to-date, including Tetanus
- Eligible to work in Canada
- 16 to 29 years old
- Enjoy meeting and being in the presence of people, yet comfortable with solitude
- Self motivated
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks
- Detail oriented and efficient
- Able to follow instruction
- Open to receiving feedback
- Willingness to learn new skills, including use of tools, machinery, and equipment.
- Willingness to problem solve.
- Enjoy being outdoors
This position requires flexibility and the willingness to do physical work. Be prepared to lift, carry, climb, walk, bend, push, pull, reach, kneel, mop, sweep, scrub, and paint.
- Able to lift 20kg
- Ability to work at stepladder height
- Use common housekeeping tools
- Use common/hazardous housekeeping products
- Work in a variety of indoor and outdoor environments
- Standard First Aid with CPR-C and AED qualification
- Previous experience with maintenance equipment
This position does not require experience, but does require a willingness to learn and be open to new experiences. Training will be provided.
Living accommodations are provided onsite. Driver’s license is helpful, but not required.
Applicants 16-29 years old are invited to apply.
Two positions are available: Starting June 1, 2022 – 8-week duration
Starting July 11, 2022 – 8-week duration