Camper Care Coordinator
The Camper Care Coordinator is responsible for ensuring a positive and safe experience for all campers, both directly and by providing leadership and support to the Counselling Staff, Program Coordinators, Camp Nurse/medical staff, and Chaplain. They will assist, develop, and evaluate the Counselling Staff to ensure the best camper experience, and highest standards of camper care. The Camper Care Coordinator will work with the Assistant Director – Camper Care, and Counselling Team to ensure that camp is a safe inclusive environment that encourage self-esteem, stewardship, and servanthood.
- All-Staff Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to the mission and core values of the Cairn Family of Camps.
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to serving the campers, staff, families, and all program participants of the Cairn Family of Camps.
- Practice and support the health and safety of all campers, staff, families, and all program participants of the Cairn Family of Camps.
- Complete a year-end report, including a season review, and offering suggestions for future camp seasons.
- Complete additional duties as required.
- Camper Care Responsibilities
- Ensure camper safety and wellbeing is prioritized in all actions and decisions.
- Provide support to the Counselling Staff to address camper issues professionally and with compassion.
- Address any escalated camper needs professionally and with compassion, with support from the Assistant Director – Camper Care and Camp Director.
- Complete administrative duties related to camper care, including but not limited to behaviour logs, situation of concern logs, communication logs, creating alternative schedules etc.
- Support the Assistant Director – Camper Care in communicating with camper caretakers, including but not limited to pre-camp contact, in-session email updates, phone calls to new camper families, behavioral phone calls, etc.
- Act as liaison and assistant to the Camp Nurse/medical staff, including providing each nurse/medical staff with an orientation, assisting in logging camper Health Center visits, communicating and logging health related communications with camper caregivers, etc.
- Coordinate camper and staff hospital visits as necessary, in conjunction with the Camp Nurse/medial staff and the Directing Team.
- Work with the Assistant Directors to coordinate and oversee camper pick up and drop off days at the beginning and end of each camp session.
- Administrative and Communications Responsibilities:
- Maintain communication with camper families, including but not limited to pre-camp contact, in-session email updates, behavioral phone calls, etc.
- Communicate with first-time families before, during and after their camper’s stay at camp.
- Review all camper information forms prior to their arrival and relay any pertinent information to staff as needed.
- Oversee the collection, printing, and distribution of cabin photos.
- Coordinate the distribution, collection, and recording of data from camper and camper family feedback surveys.
- Coordinate the distribution of camper BunkNotes and mail.
- Coordinate the distribution and collection of camper postcards.
- Staff Development and Management Responsibilities:
- Supervise, coach, and evaluate members of the Counselling Staff in conjunction with the Assistant Director – Camper Care and Assistant Director – Program.
- Ensure the ongoing wellness, morale, and development of the Counselling Team.
- Act as a resource for campers and Counsellors, providing support, strategies, direction, and relief.
- Assign daily, weekly, and season-long responsibilities and tasks to the Counselling Staff.
- Work with the Assistant Director – Camper Care in scheduling weekly assignments for the Counselling Staff.
- Professionally and supportively address any issues with or between counsellors in conjunction with the Assistant Director – Camper Care and the Directing Team.
- Complete administrative duties related to staff development, including but not limited to evaluations, behaviour logs, situation of concern logs, communication logs, creating schedules etc.
- Develop and lead sessions during staff training as required, in conjunction with the Directing Team.
JOB KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
- At least two years’ experience as a camp staff member, or equivalent experience working with children and youth.
- Personal skills: service-oriented leadership, management, empathy, organization, problem-solving ability, adaptability, growth mindset, collaboration
- Standard First Aid/CPR-C
- National Lifeguard Certification, Swim Instructor Certification and/or ORCKA Instructor and/or willingness to obtain certification prior to the summer camp season an asset.
- Clear Police Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Mandated training (including AODA, Workplace Violence & Harassment, Health & Safety Awareness, Child Protection, etc.) is required before or shortly after commencement of work
- The successful applicant is required to live on-site through the duration of their contract.
Please visit ilovecamp.org/employment.cfm to view all Cairn Staff application information, and to submit an application. Should you have any questions, please contact Robynne Howard, Camp Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Cairn Family of Camps supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. The Cairn Family of Camps is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the camp office.