Camp Tawingo Camp Counsellor – Overnight and/or Day Camp! Building great kids since 1961
First Some Information About Us:
Camp Tawingo offers a summer oasis of unplugged, camper-centred fun and free-play for children aged 7-16 in Muskoka, Ontario – from leaders who are home-grown, relentlessly caring, and supremely dedicated to developing creative programs and to the building of GREAT kids.
(That’s from our blurb on the OCA website.)
Camp Tawingo believes in a “Staff not Stuff” approach to leadership and programming: this means that we believe – in fact, we know – that it is our staff who create the Camp magic for each camper, far more than it is the stuff (high ropes courses, rock climbing, wake-barding, and so on), which is why our emphasis is on the hiring and development of Staff…and not on the purchase of Stuff!
Like what you see/read? Then read on!
Now some questions for YOU:
- Are you going to be 17 years of age by July 1st?
- Are you ready to put campers first in thought, word, and action?
- Are you ready to work alongside a special group of people who dedicate themselves to Tawingo’s mission of building great kids and to having boatloads of fun doing so?
- Are YOU ready to build great kids this summer, or at the very least, learn how to?
- Are you ready to engage in what many of our staff call the “ultimate internship” – one that prepares you perfectly for any course of study and any walk of life?
- Do you have or would you be willing to obtain (obtained in the last two years) Standard First Aid? This is a prerequisite to working at Tawingo.
- Do you have or would you be willing to try and obtain your Bronze Cross Lifesaving certification? This would be an asset to working at Tawingo.
If the answer is YES, then please reach out to email@example.com with a resume and we’ll be back in touch with a Staff We look forward to “meeting” you and introducing you to the unique Tawingo experience!