Camp Staff- Supporting Neurodivergent Kids & Youth
Camp Kirk empowers neurodiverse kids and youth to reach their potential through recreational programs. Within a small and nurturing community, our programs emphasize strengths so that participants can develop confidence, connection and community. Camp Kirk supports neurodiverse kids and youth, ages 6-17. The majority of our campers have learning disabilities, autism, and/or ADHD
The Camp Staff position is a dynamic role that encompasses elements of childcare and program facilitation. Placement will change session-to-session, but throughout the summer Camp Staff may have an opportunity to take on the following roles:
- Cabin Counsellor: Within a team of 2-3 members, Cabin Counsellors create a nurturing and supportive environment for a cabin group of 6 campers. There is the possibility to work with any and all age groups (ages 6-17).
- Program Facilitator: Program Facilitators are responsible for planning and leading a program activity for groups of campers (6-12 kids/group). Program assignment is based on previous experience and/or interest. Programs include:
- Martial Arts
- Challenge Ropes Course
- Sports & Athletics
- All-Camp Program
- Arts & Crafts
- Support Staff: Support Staff provide support where extra care is needed. This may be a one-on-one assignment for a camper who requires extra support, covering a counsellor who is on a period off, or facilitating a special camp event.
CONTRACT DETAILS + COMPENSATION
The contract runs from June 19th – August 28th, 2023. Staff reside in cabins with 3-4 other staff members. Compensation for a summer contract is $5,700 + room and board.
REQUIREMENTS + EXPECTATIONS
- 19+ years old by June 2023
- All staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Applicants should be keen to work and live in a close-knit communal setting
- Once hired, applicants must be able to secure the following: 1) Standard First Aid + CPR(C), 2) Criminal Record Check
Fill out an Application through the Camp Kirk website: campkirk.com/staff-application/. You will be required to upload a copy of your resume as part of the application.