Camp Program Coordinator
Township of King
Responsible for but not limited to the overall direction, organization, and supervision of a Summer Camp program. Designs a specialty camp program and instructs staff and children in one or more program areas. They supervise counselors to ensure they are engaging campers in fun and stimulating activities. They provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for counselors, campers and volunteers.
- Recreation Services Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises activities for all designated campers.
- Assists with the supervision of summer Camp Counselors and Volunteers.
- Provides break coverage to summer Camp Counselors in designated camps.
- Assists with the development of summer Camp Counselor training.
- Attends weekly meetings to receive camp wide updates
- Provides weekly, mid summer, and year end evaluations of counselors
- Travels with the camp they over see to any off site activities
- Manages, uses and distributes program supplies.
- Provides guidance to volunteers.
- Staff will follow and practice the HIGH FIVE® – Principles of Healthy Child Development (Participation, Play, Mastery, Friends, and Caring Adult).
- Assists with management of camp administrative documents.
- Provides a safe, fun and structured program.
- Hours of work will be between 7:30AM – 6:00PM, Monday to Friday.
- Develops detailed plans and organizes specialty instruction in the following areas:
- Outdoor Education
- The Arts
- Youth Leadership
- Minimum age of 18 years or older.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience instructing children in specialty programs.
- Excellent communication, programming, and leadership skills.
- Minimum of two (2) years of leadership or counselling experience in a camp environment.
- Valid Class G Licence and access to own vehicle.
- Valid First Aid & CPR C Certification.
- High Five® Certification.
- Quest 2 Certification.
Conditions of Employment:
- Required to work outside and follow all operating procedures and safety policies of the Township of King.
- Required to deal courteously and effectively with the general public, staff and other departments.
- Upon hire, completion of HIGH FIVE® Principles of Healthy Child Development, Quest 2, Standard First Aid and CPR C and submission of a Vulnerable Sector Screening are required.
- Must be available to work all 14 weeks of the contract.
Period of Employment:
June 21, 2021 – September 3, 2021