Number of Positions: 2
Reports To: Manager of Camp Operations
Compensation: $74.75/day plus room and board
Location: Camp Merrywood (Perth, ON); Camp Woodeden (London, ON)
Employment Dates: Merrywood June 8, 2022 – August 30, 2022 (Full-time, onsite); Woodeden June 8, 2022 – August 8, 2022.
The Photographer is responsible for capturing photographs and videos of the Camp experience. This includes taking action, candid, and landscape shots and videos. The Photographer is responsible for ensuring that all campers are photographed, photos and videos are reviewed, media is organized and uploaded on a daily basis, the media consent status of all campers is respected, and ensures that specific photo requests are secured. Additionally, the Photographer may be responsible for posting photos and videos to social media sites. The daily routine would be to visit all the activity areas to capture photos of the campers/staff in action.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Develop program goals following the Easter Seals Ontario camp goals & objectives.
- Responsible for completing an inventory upon arrival and prior to departure from camp.
- Maintain proper care of the equipment and supplies. Report any necessary repairs to the Camp Director.
- Ensure that photos taken are in line with the standards set by Easter Seals Ontario.
- Create and execute your job in a productive, professional, and fun manner.
- Be an active participant in the camp community.
Other Job Duties
- Attend staff orientation.
- Roam during arrival day and take photographs of families checking in.
- Create and execute weekly schedules to ensure all camp sections are photographed equally at camp
- Photograph during evening programming, including; evening activities and all camp activities.
- Plan and create a camper and staff slide show as a memento of the summer.
- In addition to responsibilities the successful candidate will be required to produce short videos of daily camp activities that will be posted on the Easter Seals Ontario website.
- Organize / sort photos into files for offseason marketing purposes.
- When scheduling allows, be responsible for providing camper care when not programming. This includes; bathing, showering, brushing teeth, hair care, toileting (changing incontinence pads), clean intermittent catheterization, dressing, feeding, lifting and transferring, and any other activities of daily living that the campers require.
- Adhere to and support all camp policies, procedures and guidelines as detailed in the Camp Resource Manual.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager of Camp Operations.
Physical Aspects of the Job
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid. Must be able to assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury) and possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers.
- Be able to manage physical activities such as standing, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Requirement for eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity to assist campers.
Minimum age: 18 years.
1+ years of photography/videography experience. Camp experience is an asset. Applicants selected for an interview will be required to provide a portfolio of 25+ photos and videos. Standard First Aid/CPR certification is required prior to the start of the camping season. Familiar with programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Office Suite and Apple iMovie. Must be very well organized and able to work independently.
- Easter Seals Ontario camps are fully accessible and provide camping experiences to kids and young adults with disabilities.
- It is required that all staff be fully vaccinated against Covid19 and follow the health and safety recommendations provided by Provincial and Regional Health Units.
- Camp staff members are required to participate fully in the camp activities. This may include swimming every day, sailing, dressing-up and working with children/youth all day.
- Should be capable of lifting and transferring 15 – 25 kgs in a safe manner.
- Onsite housing provided for camping season and meals provided on camp session days.
- June – August eight-day work period, 24 hours/day on call with scheduled breaks throughout the day and three days off between sessions.
How to Apply: Please complete our online application form, which can be found at https://www.eastersealscamps.org/staff/positions
Easter Seals Ontario welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Easter Seals Ontario fosters an environment of inclusivity, empowerment, and safety for participants and staff alike. Easter Seals Ontario is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory ability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws of Ontario.