Have you always wanted to be someone’s superhero? Are you looking to make a positive impact while gaining professional development in Health Care?
Camp Kodiak is searching for students and graduates from Nursing faculties and programs to join our Health Centre team in summer 2022.
We are an overnight summer program for children and teens with & without Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and Autism Spectrum Disorder. We offer an integrated social skills program, an academic program, and over 50 exciting activities. We also have a Health Centre facility on site, where we offer 24/7 health care support to our community. If you are interested in joining our team and would like to learn more about our program, please visit www.campkodiak.com.
Camp Nurse (RN or RPN) – 2
Responsibilities of the Camp Nurse:
- Implement COVID-19 policies and oversee screening, assessments, and testing
- Review medical forms of campers and staff to provide tailored health care to each member of Camp Kodiak’s community
- Provide accurate and up-to-date documentation that follows CNO standards for all care provided and contact parents and/or guardians of campers as follow-up where necessary
- Support daily operations of the Health Centre as part of the Health Centre team
- Administer medication to camper population (i.e. medication stored in blister packaging given to the Health Centre by the parents and/or guardians of campers or the local pharmacy)
- Support “Clinical Hour” twice daily (i.e. triage, assessment, and intervention) as part of the Health Centre team, which includes the Camp Doctor (“Camp” location only)
- Respond to all first-aid and emergency medical situations
- Communicate with Camp Kodiak’s Health Centre Manager and administrative team (Camp Directors) regarding daily operations in the Health Centre
- Ensure all documentation is completed punctually and professionally
- Communicate with parents/guardians regarding medical concerns in a timely, professional and respectful manner
- Manage and address confidentiality and privacy according to the Practice Standards outlined by the College of Nurses of Ontario
- RN, RPN with the CNO or eligibility to apply for a Temporary Class Licence
- Standard First-Aid & CPR/AED or BLS (HCP) Certification
- Clinical experience is an asset (1+ year)
- Experience working in a health care setting with children and youth is an asset
How to Apply:
The contract for these positions begins on Friday, June 24, 2022 and concludes on Monday, August 21st, 2022. These positions include a competitive camp salary as well as room, board, and living expenses, as staff will be required to live on site in McKellar, Ontario for the duration of their contract.
We are currently interviewing for these positions and would like to connect with you, so APPLY NOW! Submit an application at https://campkodiak.campbrainstaff.com/. If you have any questions regarding your application or would like to submit an additional resume, please contact the Staff Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.