Discovery Day Camp is a fun, exciting, and memorable day camp for children (4 years of age and older) made up of a multitude of programming that gives campers opportunities to experience activities in the creative arts, athletics and science with a focus on nature and the outdoors.
Discovery Day Camp is currently looking to hire a REGISTERED NURSE/REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE for the start of Summer 2023 to oversee our Health Centre. This position reports directly to the Camp Director and is responsible for administering on-site health care throughout the summer.
The Camp Nurse provides direct care to campers including injuries and acute illness. Responsibilities include assessment and treatment within the scope of professional nursing practice, communication with parents. An individualized medical plan is developed for students with chronic conditions, and when appropriate, and emergency plan is developed to manage potential emergent events in the camp setting(eg. Diabetes, asthma).Ideally this health plan is aligned with the management plan directed by the child’s pediatrician and guardians and is regularly updated through close communication. The camp nurse is responsible for communication about the plan to all appropriate staff.
Role and responsibilities
- maintaining inventory of all medical supplies on-site
- Ensuring that all health and safety measures are being followed at all times and aligns with current Public Health measures
- Responsible for record keeping of all camper visits to the Health Centre
- Communicate with camp staff and families regarding specific health care matters
- Assistance with first aid and and medical emergencies
Qualifications and skills
- Registered Nurse/Registered Practical Nurse (proof of certification and current nursing license required)
- Current CPR and First Aid (HCP and AED) certification
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in pediatrics is an asset
- Experience working with children is an asset
- As a condition of employment, a current vulnerable Sector Screening police check and First Aid certification is required.
How to apply:
You can apply to this position by visiting our website www.discoveryday.ca and filling out the online application. Please be sure to specify the position you are applying for.
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted