Number of Positions: 6
Reports To: Health Care Director
Locations: Camp Woodeden (London, ON) or Camp Merrywood (Perth, ON)
Employment Dates: June 8, 2022 – July 31, 2022 (Camp Woodeden); June 8, 2022 – August 22, 2022 (Camp Merrywood). Partial contracts available, inquire if interested!
Our camps in London, ON and Perth ON currently have over 200 campers registered for sessions this summer. For many of our campers, coming to camp will be the first real break from the profound isolation that has marked the last two years. In short, this means a lot to them. It means a lot to us all! Help us make sure that this summer, a summer our campers have been waiting two years for, is everything they deserve and more. Come join us for campfires and cookouts, tie dye and dance parties, afternoons by the pool, and so much more.
Reporting directly to the Health Care Director, Camp Nurses are responsible for providing high quality nursing and health care to the campers and staff within their scope of practice. Working with the rest of the Health Care Team the Camp Nurses are responsible for planning and leading sessions on health care and disabilities during staff training. Working with the Easter Seals Ontario Camp guidelines and their scope of practice Camp Nurses provide first aid care, conduct camper cabin rounds, and administer medications and treatments as required.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
• Responsible for health-related pre-camp teaching in conjunction with the other members of the nursing team.
• Responsible for camper & staff health and safety, including enforcing Covid19 related precautions.
• Utilize the nursing guidelines in making nursing decisions.
• Conduct camper cabin rounds as scheduled and administer medications and treatments as required and competent to perform.
• Maintain accurate and detailed nursing documentation as per the College of Nurses of Ontario documentation standards.
• Monitor camper mealtimes.
• Participate in camp programs when not performing nursing duties.
• Adhere to and support all camp policies, procedures and guidelines as detailed in the Camp Resource Manual and the Nursing Guidelines.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Health Care Director/Manager of Camp Operations.
Physical Aspects of the Job
• Ability to communicate and work as a member of a team.
• Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid. Must be able to assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury) and possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers.
• Ability to quickly get to remote locations on camp property over uneven terrain.
• Observe and assess sanitation and safety conditions of the camp.
• Ability to communicate with parents, staff, and administration about camper and staff health concerns.
Registered Nurse or a Registered Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario or recent graduates of an accredited nursing program who will have written their exams or be eligible for Temporary Registration with the Ontario College of Nurses. Current CPR or First Aid is required prior to the start of the camp season.
• Easter Seals Ontario camps are fully accessible and provide camping experiences to kids and young adults with disabilities.
• It is required that all staff be fully vaccinated against Covid19 and follow the health and safety recommendations provided by Provincial and Regional Health Units.
• Should be capable of lifting and transferring 15 – 25 kgs in a safe manner.
• Housing provided for duration of camping season (shared with other Health Care Team members) and food provided for all camp days.
• Eight-day work period with scheduled breaks throughout the day and three days off between sessions.
How to Apply: Submit an application form online at https://www.eastersealscamps.org/staff/positions or contact Katrina at email@example.com
Easter Seals Ontario welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Easter Seals Ontario fosters an environment of inclusivity, empowerment, and safety for participants and staff alike. Easter Seals Ontario is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory ability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws of Ontario.