Camp Quality Southern Ontario is a volunteer driven non-profit charitable organization that provides free uplifting camp experiences for children affected by cancer and blood disorders and their families. We facilitate a 1-week overnight camp program, hosted at Camp Brebeuf in Rockwood, Ontario. Camp Quality was brought to Canada in 1988, initiated by a group of dedicated volunteers in Southern Ontario. Our overnight camp programs serve campers between the ages of 7 – 17. We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated volunteers for our summer camp program.
Overnight Summer Camp
Our overnight camp programs give kids affected by cancer a chance to just be kids! What’s unique about Camp Quality? Our campers are matched 1:1 with a volunteer Companion (Camp Counsellor) who is there to support them throughout the week. While we do everything in groups at camp for safety, this 1:1 matching provides both campers and caregivers with a level of assurance that their child is well taken care of. Each campsite is a little bit different, but you can expect many classic camp activities, like swimming, sports and games, arts and crafts and more! Our year-round Camp Organizing Committee volunteers plan the schedule and activities for the week.
Camp Week Dates: August 20 – August 27, 2022
Description of Role
As a Camp Nurse, you’ll be reporting to the Medical Coordinator and will be responsible for providing high quality nursing and care to our campers and volunteers. As part of the Health Care Team, Camp Nurses support by providing first aid, administering medications and treatments as required; all while maintaining accurate documentation standards. They will be required to uphold Camp Quality’s policies, procedures and guidelines including COVID-19 guidelines. Camp Nurses will only practice within their scope deemed by the College of Nurses in Ontario.
Confirmed volunteers are required to attend a single day of mandatory training before camp begins. Volunteers must be on-site for the camp program for the duration of the week.
COVID-19 & Camp
We’ll be introducing a number of new ways to keep everyone safe like mandatory vaccinations, screening, testing, masks and more. Here we’ve highlighted a few of our safety protocols that may be in place during camp:
- All campers, volunteers and staff must be fully immunized against COVID-19 in order to attend in-person programs.
- All participants will be required to participate in COVID-19 testing when required.
- All participants will be required to complete COVID-19 screenings when required.
- Campers and volunteers may be assigned to a cohort for the duration of their camp week.
- Masks will be required during designated times for everyone.
These protocols are subject to change and detailed communication will be sent to confirmed volunteers prior to their camp session.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Registered Nurse
- Current CPR/First Aid
- Current Experience working with children or youth is an asset
- At least 18 years of age
- Able to provide 2 references
- Available for an online interview
- Able to provide a clear and current Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
- Complete a 2-step tuberculosis (TB) test.
- Complete a mandatory training
How to Apply:
If you are interested in joining our volunteer team this summer please head to www.campquality.org/ to learn more about our program offerings and to register. Once you’ve completed your application, a regional Volunteer Coordinator will contact you regarding your application status.
If you require accommodation during the interview process, please inform us in advance to arrange the appropriate accommodation. (ie. Closed Captioning).
Questions? Email us at email@example.com