Camp Kirk empowers neurodiverse kids and youth to reach their potential through recreational programs. Within a small and nurturing community, our programs emphasise strengths so that participants can develop confidence, connection and community.
DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES
The Camp Nanny is a member of Camp Kirk’s summer staff team, but will be working independently to support the Executive Director’s family. The hired individual will be responsible for:
- Childcare of a 3-year-old toddler and 3-month old baby. Care includes feeding, bathing, and providing stimulating opportunities to learn and play.
- General support for the family (i.e. helping set-up the family cabin at the beginning of the summer, running errands in town etc.).
- General support for the camp program. This may include providing support for campers or cabin groups, helping at program activities, completing general camp chores, or participating in camp events.
We are looking for someone who is keen to be part of camp life and be part of the quirky and wonderful community that is Camp Kirk. The camp nanny is a part of the staff team and will be living in a staff cabin with 3-4 other staff members. The role is unique though, and the camp nanny will be working independently and spending the majority of their time with the Director’s family. For this reason, we are looking for someone who is independent and a self-starter.
CONTRACT DETAILS + COMPENSATION
The dates of employment run from May 30th* – September 1st, 2022 (possible flexibility around the start date).
Compensation: $5500 for the summer season + room and board
REQUIREMENTS + EXPECTATIONS
- All staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- G-level drivers licence or equivalent
- Previous childcare is necessary
To apply, email your resume to: