Camp Kitchen manager
Location: Cloyne, Ontario
Employment: June 20 2024- August 20
Reports to: Camp Director
- Prepare, season, and cook nutritious balanced foods using gas, electric and steam powered commercial kitchen equipment such as soups, salads, meats, fish, vegetables, desserts, sauces, and casseroles
- Ensure meals are attractive, the correct temperature, and portion size and served in a timely manner according to the camp schedule. Maintain a clean and organised workplace.
- Study menus and understand the camp schedule to be able to plan and prepare proper amounts of food for a fluctuating level of campers.
- Knowledge of special dietary requirements including but not limited to, vegan, vegetarian, carb count, celiac, allergies and anaphylaxis. With skills to be able to create these meals safely, with creativity to meet the nutritional needs of the campers
- Assist in receiving deliveries, ensuring all supplies are checked for quality, labelled, stored, and rotated properly following the FIFO method
- Ensure the completion of required documentation, such as daily meal temperature sheet, daily fridge and freezer temperature and daily task list
- Serve and assist in the service of meals in back and front of the house. Meals can be served family style, cafeteria style or to go.
- Supervise and give direction to Prep Cooks and Kitchen Assistants when needed.
- Ensure that health and safety, sanitation and Safe food handling standards are followed and maintained.
- Baking, pastries, desserts and more
- Find opportunities to positively interact with campers, guests, and camp staff.
- Contribute to a supportive and positive work environment.
- 2+ years of experience in a food service environment
- Solid knowledge of standards in food preparation, serving and other kitchen procedures
- Experience cooking for large groups (200 people)
- Solid arithmetic skills and ability to memorize details
- Time management, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and switch tasks as needed
- Safe food Handlers Certification (or willingness to obtain)
- First Aid/ CPR Certification
- Able to work on their feet up to 8 hours a day
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs bags and boxes
- Clean Police Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check
- Full Support of Health and Dietary Concerns
- Lodging and Food (shared room with up to 5 other People)