Camp Health Care Team Leader
Bayview Glen Day Camp
Since 1962, and situated in the heart of the city, we have created unforgettable Summer memories for thousands of boys and girls, as one of Toronto’s longest-running, most comprehensive camps. Bayview Glen Camp offers programs for children between the ages of 4 – 14. This Summer will be our 60th Birthday! We offer enriched and balanced programs for our youngest campers, to activity electives for our oldest campers as they grow, and their tastes broaden. We are proud to have been voted ‘Best Co-Ed Day Camp’ by City Parent readers, more than once!
Bayview Glen is currently looking to hire a REGISTERD NURSE for the start of Summer 2022 to be a part of our health-care team. This position reports directly to the Camp Director and is responsible for administering on-site health care throughout the Summer Camp Program.
*****Please only apply for this position through our website: https://www.bayviewglencamp.ca/employment/ *****
Dates of Employment
Start Date: July 4th, 2022 (not including pre-camp training dates)
End Date: August 19th, 2022
Location: 85 Moatfield Dr, Toronto, ON M3B, Canada
Responsibilities and Duties
- Have an outstanding knowledge of all conditions that may require special attention by reviewing all camper and staff medical forms prior to start of each session.
- Maintain inventory of all medical supplies on-site.
- Ordering of all medical supplies as needed.
-Supervising all members of the Bayview Glen Day Camp health care team.
- Dispense daily medications as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring all health and safety measures are being followed at all times.
- Responsible for record keeping of all camper visits.
- Communicate with camp staff, and families regarding specific health care matters.
- Assistance with daily first aid and medical emergencies as required at any point while camp is in operation.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have completed 3rd year of nursing program.
- Ability update and/or monitor health care, maintain records, and implement the health care plan.
- Current CPR and First Aid (HCP and AED) certification.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in pediatrics is desirable.
- Experience with children and adolescents an asset.
- As a condition of employment, a current Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Check and First Aid certification will be required.
Apply today by filling out and submitting our 2022 Staff Application through our website, which can be found at: https://www.bayviewglencamp.ca/employment . Please be sure to make note of the position you are applying for.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for your interest; however only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries or agencies please.
At Bayview Glen we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all members of our school community feel valued, respected, and supported. We encourage qualified applications from the diverse communities in which we live and serve and who may contribute to the further diversification of perspectives and ideas. We will accommodate needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact our Human Resources Department for assistance if required.