Camp Health Care Assistant
Camp Healthcare Assistants take the lead on keeping camp fun and safe for all. Your wide-ranging duties will include such things as keeping track of campers’ special medical needs or allergies and giving the counsellors the information they need, reminding everyone to stay hydrated and apply their sunscreen, treating any injuries or illnesses that do occur and connecting with parents, keeping the first aid kits stocked, and more. But in between that, you will be a regular member of the camp team who takes part in all kinds of camp activities.
The Health Care Assistants start their day a little later than most counsellors and then stay to work After Care. This position is ideal for a students studying nursing or another healthcare related role who also loves singing silly songs, playing games, and spending time with kids of all ages.
Nature knowledge is not required, but successful applicants will be eager to learn, excited to spend time outdoors, and willing to get a little dirty (okay, sometimes a lot dirty!)
The Humber Arboretum is committed to the health and wellbeing of our employees and community. We will be following Humber College COVID-19 policies and procedures to support and prioritize a safe work environment and the health and safety of our staff and community.
Humber Arboretum, Humber College North Campus (205 Humber College Blvd)
Starting Wage: $15.00/per hour
Hours: up to 40 hours/week July-August, paid training starts mid-June
All Positions Require:
- A fun attitude
- Willingness to work outside
- Prior camp experience helpful but not necessary
- Ability and interest in working with kids
- Fun loving personality with a strong commitment to professionalism and providing excellent customer service
- Ability to work as a member of a team and the ability to accomplish tasks with little or no direct supervision
- Hold a current certificate in First Aid, and CPR Level C
- Clear police record check
- Eligibility for the Canada Summer Jobs Grant
Interviews may be in person or virtual subject to COVID restrictions at time of interview.