Camp Quality Employment Opportunity
Camp Generalist – CQ Eastern Ontario
Start Date: July 4, 2022
End Date: August 26, 2022
Rate: $ 15/hr
Seasonal full-time position
Work schedule may include weekdays and weekends/holidays as needed to support camp programs, events and other camp activities. Flexibility with start date for the right candidate. Applicant must be available the camp week of August 7-13, 2022.
This position is made possible by funding from Canada Summer Jobs. To meet the funding criteria, the successful applicant must be between the ages of 18 to 30 year old.
Successful applicants will be required to adhere to the Camp Quality Canada COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
Nature & Scope
Camp Quality Eastern Ontario supports children and families affected by cancer through uniquely designed virtual and in-person camp based programs. A diverse range of fundraising activities are organized to support these programs. The Camp Generalist will be involved in supporting the regional Camp Organizing Committee (COC) and the National Support Centre in the preparation, delivery and evaluation of programs, fundraising and events. This role involves remote and in-person work. The position directly reports to the Senior Director of Programs and the Camp Director.
- Minimum two years experience working in youth programming or camp setting
- Minimum two years experience working and or volunteering in fundraising or event planning.
- Previous experience with special needs populations preferred Energy, enthusiasm and flexibility
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple work tasks
- Administrative and organizational skills
- Role model for children and youth
- A clear and current criminal record check – vulnerable sector screening issued for Camp Quality Canada. (CRC-VSS)
- Access to reliable transportation or a valid driver’s license
- National Lifeguard Certification Preferred
- Assist with planning and leading safe and intentional camp programming for children and youth affected by cancer.
- Procure activity supplies for programs.
- Assist in the recruitment, coordination and training of volunteers.
- Design and schedule social media posts highlighting fundraising events, donor support, camp activities and programs.
- Demonstrate positive interaction with youth, parents, and community partners involved with programs and fundraising in order to build relationships.
- Procure in-kind activity supplies to support virtual and in-person camp programs.
- Support third party and signature event production, stewardship and recognition.
- Understand, participate in and adhere to the Camp Quality Canada policies, procedures and training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Applicants are asked to submit a copy of their most recent resume, listing qualifications and experience. Please reference the location and job title in your subject line.
We’re an equal opportunity organization
Inclusion is at the heart of what we do at camp. Camp Quality works to create inclusive spaces and programs for campers, volunteers and staff – free of discrimination based on age, race, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Camp Quality Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
For more information about Camp Quality Canada, please visit www.campquality.org