Dates of Employment
Start Date: June 21, 2023
End Date: September 1, 2023
Location: Minden, ON
Since 1918, campers have come to Onondaga Camp each summer to discover the challenges and rewards of outdoor adventure and friendship. A true Canadian summer tradition, Onondaga Camp offers an extraordinary environment for kids to play, explore, achieve, and grow.
Onondaga Camp is a summer overnight camp for children ages 6-16 near Minden, Ontario. We facilitate over 1,500 campers each summer. We hire staff on the basis of the soundness and maturity of their judgment, their commitment to being strong role models, and most importantly their ability to establish positive and caring relationships with their campers.
- Full G License
- Ability to be flexible and work independently
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work and communicate with a wide variety of people
Camper & Staff Transportation
- Transport campers and/or staff on session arrival and departure days to Pearson Airport, Billy Bishop Airport, Union Station.
- Pick up campers who have flights arriving at the airport after the start of the session.
- Drop off or pick up camper/staff and/or supplies as needed for canoe trips including medical evacuations
- Drop off and/or pick up LITs as needed for special outings.
- Drop off and/or pick up campers/staff for cliff jumping excursions.
- Take campers/staff to the hospital as needed. Some instances will require staying at the hospital with a camper and other times only drop off and pick up will be required.
Camp Supplies & Mail
- Pick up prescriptions/supplies as needed for the Health Centre.
- Do a daily ‘town run’ to pick up supplies that are needed for camp programs or office.
- Pick up supplies in Toronto (or outside of Minden/Haliburton) as needed.
- Ensure mail is delivered and received.
- Ensure that vehicles are scheduled and taken for oil changes as needed.
- Ensure the vehicles have adequate gas (at least ½ a tank) and take them to be filled as necessary.
- Keep vehicles clean and free of garbage.
- Keep the exterior of the vehicles clean; have them washed as needed
The Application Process
To apply, please complete our online application by clicking here, or send a resume and cover letter to Graham MacLellan, Assistant Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that although we thank all applicants, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Onondaga Camp values the diversity of people. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation will be provided, on request, to support candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All responses will be handled with strict confidence.