Discovery Day Camp
TMS is a leading independent school in Richmond Hill that combines the Montessori and International Baccalaureate frameworks to provide students from 18 months to Grade 12 the foundation for a life of goodness and excellence. TMS is a member of CIS and accredited by CCMA, CAIS and the IBO. Our Mission is to deliver a seamless, internationally-acclaimed educational experience designed to inspire and challenge students to discover the best of who they are and to achieve their full potential.
TMS is inviting applications from motivated, inspiring individuals for a full-time, permanent:
TMS is rebooting its day camp program after a two year hiatus (COVID-19 related) and we are excited to hire a Camp Director who is willing to take on this amazing new challenge. We are looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial thinking person with a passion for nature who will be responsible for the development and execution of TMS’s March Break (2023) and summer camp programs (2022) and for all matters related to their respective staffs and enrolments. This position has a mandate of creating the most amazing, joy-filled, outdoor camp experience possible with exceptional customer service for TMS campers, staff, and partners. The ideal candidate is one who wants to be immersed in a rewarding, challenging, and high-energy environment and demonstrates the traits of enthusiasm, dedication, adaptability, fun, self-motivation, friendliness and kindness.
Strategic and operational planning
- Lead the work on the camp’s strategic visions, plans and priorities and develop and implement annual goals.
- Manage program operations and administration, including budgets and risk management protocols.
- Oversee the camp’s enrolment strategies and implement promotion, recruitment, and marketing goals.
- Recruit, train and supervise program staff; conduct orientation and training for all staff, and volunteers.
- Ensure all summer camp operations meet or exceed current OCA standards in all areas and all safety protocols are adhered to.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with all TMS Camp partners
- Act as a positive role model for campers and staff through demeanour and kindness by creating a safe space for people of all different backgrounds to feel safe and welcome.
- Work effectively with people with different abilities, gender, ages, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity.
- Liaise with TMS Leadership on strategic and operational aspects of the camp in line with the TMS vision and branding.
Experience and Qualifications
The Director will be a well-rounded and respected leader who has demonstrated a passion for camping and a commitment to building positive relationships. Most importantly, the Director will be a person of character, principles, warmth, humour and authenticity.
The Director will possess:
- A minimum of three years in a senior leadership role in a summer camp setting.
- A teaching certificate and/or experience working in a school setting is an asset.
- National Lifeguard (NL) or Wilderness Advanced First Aid (WAFA) is an
- A knowledge, appreciation and understanding of nature education.
- Experience in hiring and supervising camp personnel.
- Superior client service and relationship development skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and proficiency with technology.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; proficiency in social media and marketing is an asset
- Ability to clear a Criminal Reference Check with the Vulnerable Sector Search & Child Intervention Check
- Full Driver’s Licence is required
- Standard First Aid and CPR is required
- The ability to work irregular hours at times
- A positive attitude and ability to take initiative with a flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities
TMS offers a competitive salary and benefits plan, including participation in the School’s Pension Plan, and opportunities for professional development. If you believe that a challenging, innovative environment is the perfect fit for your career goals, please submit your resume along with a covering letter to Human Resources at email@example.com.
The posting will be active until Oct 29th, 2021. TMS reserves the right to close the posting in advance of this date should a suitable candidate be identified and selected. We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. TMS has a policy that requires ALL employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days prior to participating in any In-person school activities. This is a condition of employment for all employees. The expectation is that this position will be carried out in person at one or both of our campuses. Individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to substantiated grounds (medical and other protected grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code) may ask the school to validate the exemption and request an accommodation for these rare circumstances. If approved, they will be subject to additional health and safety measures.
TMS is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations upon request to enable applicants with disabilities to engage in all parts of the recruitment and selection process. For more information on TMS, please visit our website at www.tmsschool.ca