Job Summary: ( 2 positions available)
To provide an exceptional camp experience for all campers ensuring a safe and fun environment. As facilitators of the camper experience, to strive to raise self-esteem.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Including but not limited to,
• Teaches and supervises outdoor survivor skills i.e., firemaking, shelter building, knots tying, survival food identification, carving, first aid, etc. to campers.
• Order supplies and maintain inventory.
• Care and maintain all equipment required for the program.
• Maintain a safe activity environment at all times.
• Clearly explain, monitor and support expectations of campers.
• Create a positive and supportive atmosphere within the program.
• Professionally attend to all assignments and supervisory duties.
• Carry out any other responsibilities as designated by the Director.
• Working in a manner that preserves confidentiality and encourages risk management.
• Incorporating and strengthening collaborative and interdisciplinary teamwork.
• Respecting and valuing the diversity of individuals.
• Contributing to the organization’s activities to collect, analyze and report on data and relevant information.
• Contributing to the organization’s work by participating in meetings as necessary.
• Participate in evaluation and clean up at the end of camp.
• Have successfully completed Campcraft Supervisor Course.
• Be of excellent character, modeling honesty, integrity and respect.
• Possess enthusiasm, energy, patience and sense of humour.
• Experience and/or desire to work with children in dynamic outdoor setting.
• Skilled at dealing with all children, including those who are challenging.
• Ability to relate well to peers, to be a team player, to give/receive feedback.
• Confidence in leading activities and groups.
Lines of Communication:
The Camp Craft Director will report directly to the Camp Director