Township of King
Implements and engages camp participants in interactive activities including organized arts and crafts, singing, sports activities, games and field trips while maintaining a safe environment.
- Recreation Services Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains safety and supervision of all campers including upholding and abiding by ratio expectations
- Assists in the implementation of daily camp programming.
- Assists in maintaining accurate program records including incident reports and behaviour tracking forms where required
- Staff will follow and practice the HIGH FIVE – Principles of Healthy Child Development (Participation, Play, Mastery, Friends, and Caring Adult).
- Organizes and leads a variety of small and large group activities daily both indoors and outdoors
- Assists with set-up and clean-up of camp events, activities and programs.
- Practices risk management skills to ensure the safety and well being of all campers and staff, taking mitigating actions to address any risks
- Actively participates in and supervises water activities when applicable
- Assists with the mentorship of volunteers and weekly evaluations.
- Hours of work will be between 7:15AM – 6:00PM, Monday to Friday.
- Minimum of 16 years of age.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working with children.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Valid First Aid & CPR C Certification.
- High Five Principles of Healthy Childhood Development Certification.
Conditions of Employment:
- Required to work outside and follow all operating procedures and safety policies of the Township of King.
- Required to deal courteously and effectively with the general public, staff and other departments.
- Upon hire, completion of HIGH FIVE Principles of Healthy Child Development, Standard First Aid and CPR C and submission of a Vulnerable Sector Screening are required.
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Must be available to work the duration of the contract, in full
Period of Employment:
June 21. 2021 – September 3, 2021