Job Summary: (20 positions are available)
To provide an exceptional camp experience for all campers ensuring a safe and fun environment. As facilitators of the camper experience, to strive to raise self-esteem.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Including but not limited to,
• Care for and live with children as role models.
• Clearly explain, monitor and support expectations of campers.
• Create a positive and supportive atmosphere within the cabin groups.
• Guide campers toward full participation in the wide range of programs.
• Supervise camper’s day; meal times, daily programs, special activities, cabin duties, campfire, bedtime, etc.
• Professionally attend to all assignments and supervisory duties.
• Carry out any other responsibilities as designated by the Director.
• Working in a manner that preserves confidentiality and encourages risk management.
• Incorporating and strengthening collaborative and interdisciplinary teamwork.
• Respecting and valuing the diversity of individuals.
• Contributing to the organization’s activities to collect, analyze and report on data and relevant information.
• Contributing to the organization’s work by participating in meetings as necessary.
• Participate in evaluation and clean up at the end of camp.
• Be of excellent character, modeling honesty, integrity and respect.
• Possess enthusiasm, energy, patience and sense of humour.
• Experience and/or desire to work with children in dynamic outdoor setting.
• Skilled at dealing with all children, including those who are challenging.
• Ability to relate well to peers, to be a team player, to give/receive feedback.
• Confidence in leading activities and groups.
Lines of Communication
The Camp Counselor will report directly to the Camp Director.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES TO THE FOLLOWING EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org