Contract Dates: June 14th – August 20th, 2023
Salary: Starting at 500$ CAD per week depending on experience.
Who we are :
Camp Ouareau is an all-girl’s summer camp situated in Canada with a unique language program that gives campers from a range of different backgrounds the chance to develop their skills and connect with others in a second language. Just north of Montréal, Ouareau is nestled between the Lanaudière mountains, the ideal place to practice your French (or English!), to work on leadership skills, to be a part of a dynamic and empowering team of women while taking advantage of the camp’s lakeside location!
Together with another staff member, you will be responsible for caring for a group of eight campers. You will wake them up and help them get ready for the day, and then look after them in the evenings and before bed. During the four activity periods each day, you will spend your time supporting at various activities, which include rock climbing, dance, theatre, canoe, pottery, and more! You will also spend 2 weeks of the Summer working on Crew.
- Caring for campers aged 8-15, prioritizing the physical and emotional safety of campers at all times;
- Motivating campers in ways that help them gain responsibility, organizational skills and independence;
- Developing and leading camp-wide games and programs;
- Assist in special days with other program staff and participate in activities such as trips, night duties, and meals.
- Being on the Crew Team for two weeks which includes washing dishes, general camp maintenance, and supporting at camper activities.
- Available from June 14th to August 20th 2023;
- Interest in working with children ages 6-15;
- Excellent teamwork skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Have or plan to obtain certification in first aid (CPR-AED) issued by a legally recognized organization;
- Ability to communicate efficiently in both French and English.
- Option to receive trainings such as NLS Beach, Climbing Certification, etc.;
- Opportunity to work on personal skills such as leadership, communication, and language;
- Participate in a community that aims at uplifting and empowering young girls and women.
Housing and Meals : You will be sharing a rustic cabin with 3-9 other people and all meals will be provided by Camp Ouareau.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions! We look forward to meeting you 🙂
To apply, follow this link : https://www.en.ouareau.com/join-our-team