Bayview Glen Day Camp
Since 1962, and situated in the heart of the city, we have created unforgettable Summer memories for thousands of boys and girls, as one of Toronto’s longest-running, most comprehensive camps. Bayview Glen Camp offers programs for children between the ages of 4 – 14. This Summer we turn 60! We offer enriched and balanced programs for our youngest campers, to activity electives for our oldest campers as they grow, and their tastes broaden. We are proud to have been voted ‘Best Co-Ed Day Camp’ by City Parent readers, more than once!
Bayview Glen is currently looking to hire Camp Counsellors for the coming Summer of 2022. The Senior Counsellor position will be responsible for the facilitation of the daily camp program for a group of co-ed campers ranging from 4 – 13 years of age. This position reports directly to our Unit Heads and Camp Directors.
*****Please only apply for this position through our website: https://www.bayviewglencamp.ca/employment *****
Dates of Employment
Start Date: July 4th, 2022 (not including pre-camp training dates)
End Date: August 19th, 2022
Location: 85 Moatfield Dr, Toronto, ON M3B, Canada
Responsibilities and Duties
- Have a good understanding of the daily camp schedule for their cabin group.
- Taking camper attendance when getting on and off the bus at any point.
- Responsible for supervising campers while on-site with our camp program.
- Ensure the safety and health of campers while on-site.
- Ensuring all Covid-19 Safety protocols and Government regulations are being followed.
- Communicate regularly with head staff member to ensure awareness of any physical, psychological, emotional and/or medical limitations of campers and/or staff that could affect their safety in the water.
- Serve campers lunch and supervise lunchtime activities.
- Participate in all theme days as outlined by the camp schedule.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have completed Grade 10 by the start of the Camp Serason.
- Standard First Aid Training and CPR- C or higher required (certified on or after September 2020).
- Comfortable providing detailed and written incident/accident reports.
- Preference given to those applicants with previous experience within a camp setting.
- As a condition of employment, a current Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Check and First Aid certification will be required.
Apply today by filling out and submitting our 2022 Staff Application through our website, which can be found at: https://www.bayviewglencamp.ca/employment/ . Please be sure to make note of the position you are applying for.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for your interest; however only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries or agencies please.
At Bayview Glen we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all members of our school community feel valued, respected, and supported. We encourage qualified applications from the diverse communities in which we live and serve and who may contribute to the further diversification of perspectives and ideas. We will accommodate needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact our Human Resources Department for assistance if required.