Camp Coordinator (Day, Overnight, Program) – Spring/Summer
Apply here: https://cavespringscamp.campbrainstaff.com/
Job Summary: We hire a team of 3 Coordinators: Overnight Coordinator, Day Coordinator and Program Coordinator. They inspire and mentor counsellors and oversee the smooth running of the daily program. They organize staff, plan schedules, check in with groups and much more. They work together with the Camp Director and Assistant Director to oversee and support all camp activities. The position includes running day and overnight programs for schools in May and June. On site living is required in July and August. In May and June, on site living is an option throughout this period and some on site living is required.
Terms: Full-time for 17 weeks: May 8 to September 2, 2023. Salary: $12,240.
- Foster an effective and creative Christian community environment that supports personal growth, faith development, nature appreciation and synergistic collaboration.
- Provide a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment for all campers and staff.
- Act as a positive role-model for staff, campers, volunteers, and others associated with the camping program.
- Provide leadership, coordination and assistance with camp-wide events such as games, campfires, worship, educational sessions, and special events.
- Provide support and assistance with group activities such as crafts, swimming, hikes, games, skits, camp-outs, adventure climbing, etc.
- Identify and respond to the needs of staff and campers throughout the daily schedule.
- Provide coordination and necessary resources to camp leaders for the execution of their roles.
- Provide training, evaluation and ongoing feedback for camp staff.
- Support the learning and growth of all staff members.
- Shares in the decision-making and implementation of decisions for the daily operations of camp programs.
- Communicate effectively with all staff members.
- Effectively communicate the needs and concerns of campers and staff to the senior staff team.
- Fill in for camp leaders, as needed or assigned.
- Oversee emergency procedure training and execution.
- Complete all required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains good communication and connection with camper parents/guardians and group leaders.
- Demonstrate effective teamwork, positivity, professionalism, and inclusivity.
- Maintain confidentiality of all camp data and private information.
- Set personal goals and engage in ongoing self reflection and growth.
- Act as a role-model for personal self-care, including health and well-being.
- Engage in ongoing skill development.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of camp training sessions and events.
- Carefully manage, maintain, and care for camp spaces and equipment.
- Work effectively with year-round and seasonal Cave Springs staff.
- Model and uphold all community norms and expectations.
- Support and follow all policies, procedures, and practices of Cave Springs Camp.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.