Take this summer to gain valuable leadership skills while enjoying the outdoors during your time off. Working at a Summer Camp is the perfect opportunity to have a wonderful summer away while getting great work experience. The Camp Cook is the leader of the kitchen staff. They are responsible for the cooking, plating and serving of all meals, and for the delegation of appropriate tasks to the Assistant Cook, Kitchen Assistant and Dishwashers. A strong Camp Cook is an organized leader who is comfortable with a fast paced environment and managing other staff.
Dates: June 21 – August 24, 2024
– Responsible to the Director
– Responsible for the cooking and plating/serving of all meals
– Responsible for ensuring meals are served on time
– Knowledgeable about all the food stored on the island at all times
– Communicate with the Assistant Director and Food & Inventory Manager with shortages and upcoming shortages
– Ensure that Kitchen staff completes all duties
– Ensure that the Kitchen runs in a smooth, organized manner
– Ensure that food is managed in an economical manner
– Responsible for meeting with campers/staff at the start of each session to get required food needs and allergies
– Responsible for ensuring all food needs are met in terms of allergies and intolerances
– Responsible for showing the dishwashers, at each meal, the proper serving size to ensure that each camper and staff get the same portion
– Other duties as assigned
Founded in 1955, Camp Mi-A-Kon-Da is a traditional summer camp for girls ages 7-16. The camp is situated on Birch Island, a 23-acre private island on Lake Wah Wash Kesh near Parry Sound, Ontario.