OCA Job Postings 2021 / CAMP COOKS – CAMP PATHFINDER
Camp Pathfinder in Algonquin Park seeks camp cooks,
as well as kitchen assistants for the 2021 camp season.
The Pathfinder Camp Cooks report to the camp chef and provide daily meal and baking service. Up to two positions may be available.
• Assist the Camp Chef in daily meal production.
• Responsible for conducting daily baking production.
• Assist the Camp Chef in management of the day to day kitchen operation.
• Manage the kitchen staff and the meal service in the absence of the Camp Chef.
• Maintain excellent health and hygiene practices, and adhere to the camp’s kitchen work policies.
• Ensure that special diet meals are prepared for campers, staff and visitors with special needs.
• Ensure the camp minimizes food waste, and complies with County, Pathfinder and Algonquin Park practices for food and waste handling and cleanliness.
Skills / Experience:
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in comparable setting required.
• Prior experience preferred in a children’s summer camp kitchen/food service.
• Secondary School completion required.
• Culinary education qualifications or certification required
• Cooking/baking skills for large groups.
• Excellent teamwork skills.
• Cuisine specialties: Canadian, Italian, Mexican, Vegetarian, special diets, etc.
• Number of positions: 1 – 2. One position may commence earlier due to camp opening date and small group food service in advance of the main season.
• Seasonal/Full Time/Residential.
• Day/Evening/Night, Weekday/Weekend.
• $975.00 cn per week, per experience, 24-week duration (1 week unpaid in August for camp closure) from May 1 – October 15, 2021, based on 40-hour week – 5 days on, 2 days off.
• Room & board and medical coverage provided.
• Performance bonus per contract completion / overall camp financial performance.
• A cover letter, resume, references, personal interview, and criminal background check is required for the successful candidate.
Employer: Camp Pathfinder
Location: Algonquin Park, Huntsville, Ontario
Contact: Mike Sladden, director / 585-249-0716
Camp Pathfinder, est. 1914
Source Lake, Algonquin Park, ON P1H 2H1