OCA Job Postings 2022 / CAMP CHEF – CAMP PATHFINDER
Camp Pathfinder in Algonquin Park seeks a camp chef for the 2022 camp season.
Pathfinder Camp Chef
The Pathfinder Chef is in charge of the food service program, and directs the camp’s daily meal services and kitchen staff. The chef position requires prior experience in charge of a summer camp food service program.
• Head chef and lead cook, including special diets and out trip program oversight, per needs of the population.
• Responsible for the management of the day to day kitchen operation.
• Supervise a team with cooks, baker, and assistants for daily meal service.
• Responsible for planning, purchasing and maintaining inventory for food and dry good items for food service, both in-camp and for a canoe tripping program.
• Responsible to monitor and control food costs within the annual budget determined with the Camp Director.
• Create the camp menus in partnership with the Camp Director.
• Work with Director and tripping directors to supply trip food program.
• Ensure proper staffing for annual program of camp sessions and special events.
• Provide necessary follow through for rebates, incentives and discounts.
• Create/execute training program for advancing junior kitchen staff members.
• Schedule work hours and time off, assign daily duties, maintain excellent health and hygiene practices and enforce worker safety policies and best practices.
Experience / Skills:
• Prior experience in charge of a summer camp food service program or equivalent.
• 3+ years’ experience lead-cooking in summer camp setting or specific equivalent.
• Extensive knowledge of menu planning, food buying and inventory control.
• Knowledge and experience with canoe trip food, menus, and outfitting.
• Excellent communication and staff management skills.
• Secondary School Completion required.
• Culinary education qualifications or certification required
• Cuisine specialties: Canadian, Italian, Mexican, Vegetarian, special diets, etc.
• Seasonal/Full Time/Residential.
• Day/Evening/Night, Weekday/Weekend.
• $1,000cn – $1,200cn per week, per experience, 24-week duration (1 week unpaid in August due to camp closure) from May 1 – October 15, 2022, based on 40-hour week – 5 days on, 2 days off.
The season includes camp outdoor education programming in spring and autumn.
• Room & board and medical coverage provided.
• Performance bonus per contract completion / overall camp financial performance.
• A cover letter, resume, references, personal interview, and criminal background check is required for the successful candidate.
Employer: Camp Pathfinder
Location: Algonquin Park, Huntsville, Ontario
Contact: Mike Sladden, director / 585-249-0716
Camp Pathfinder, est. 1914
Source Lake, Algonquin Park, ON P1H 2H1