Camp Assistant Cook
OCA Job Postings 2021 / CAMP KITCHEN – CAMP PATHFINDER
Camp Pathfinder in Algonquin Park seeks camp assistant cooks
as well as kitchen assistants for the 2021 camp season.
Assistant Camp Cooks
The Pathfinder Camp assistant cooks report to the Camp Chef and assist with daily meal baking, kitchen and dining room service. The position also handles dishwashing, storage of inventory, and stewardship of the dining room. Up to two positions may be available.
• The camp assistant cook reports to the camp chef
• Assists with preparation of daily meals for all camp food service
• Food preparation, maintain kitchen hygiene, manage food storage
• The assistant cook is able to independently prepare some basic camp meals
• Dishwashing and dining room set-up duties
• Work positively with the kitchen staff as a team
• Some baking experience preferred.
Skills and Experience:
• 2 years’ comparable experience in a commercial production kitchen setting.
• Excellent team work skills.
• Seasonal/Full Time/Residential.
• Number of positions: up to 2.
• Day/Evening/Night, Weekday/Weekend.
• Number of positions: 1 – 2. One position may commence earlier due to camp opening date and small-group food service in advance of the main season.
• $600 – $650 cn per week, duration approximately 10 weeks in June, July, August 2021, based on a 40-hour week, with 5 days on 2 days off.
Room & board and medical coverage provided.
• Performance bonus per contract completion / overall camp financial performance.
• A cover letter, resume, references, personal interview, and criminal background check is required for the successful candidate.
Employer: Camp Pathfinder
Location: Algonquin Park, Huntsville, Ontario
Contact: Mike Sladden, director / 585-249-0716
Camp Pathfinder, est. 1914
Source Lake, Algonquin Park, ON P1H 2H1