Camp Assistant Cook, Pathfinder
OCA Job Postings 2023 / CAMP KITCHEN – CAMP PATHFINDER
Camp Pathfinder in Algonquin Park seeks camp assistant cooks
as well as kitchen assistants for the 2023 camp season.
Assistant Camp Cooks
The Pathfinder Camp assistant cooks report to the Camp Chef and assist with daily meal service, baking, kitchen organization, sanitation and dining room service. The position also handles dishwashing, storage of inventory, and stewardship of the dining room.
Up to two positions may be available. One position may be open in early June 2023, other opens in late June 2023.
• The camp assistant cook reports to the camp chef
• Assists with preparation of daily meals for all camp food service
• Food preparation, maintain kitchen hygiene, manage food and supply storage
• The assistant cook is able to independently prepare some basic camp meals
• Dishwashing and dining room set-up / up-keep duties
• Work positively with the kitchen staff as a team
Skills and Experience:
• 2 years’ comparable experience in a commercial production kitchen setting.
• Excellent team work skills.
• Seasonal/Full Time/Residential.
• Number of positions: up to 2.
• Day/Evening/Night, Weekday/Weekend.
• Number of positions: 1 – 2. One position may commence earlier due to camp opening date and small-group food service in advance of the main season.
• $750 cn per week, duration approximately 10 weeks in June, July, August 2023, based on a 40-hour week, with 5 days on 2 days off.
Room & board and medical coverage provided.
• Performance bonus per contract completion / overall camp financial performance.
• A cover letter, resume, references, personal interview, and criminal background check is required for the successful candidate.
Employer: Camp Pathfinder
Location: Algonquin Park, Huntsville, Ontario
Contact: Mike Sladden, director / 585-249-0716
Camp Pathfinder, est. 1914
Source Lake, Algonquin Park, ON P1H 2H1