Number of Positions: 2
Reports To: Camp Director
Compensation: $97.75/day + meals and accommodation
Location: Camp Woodeden (London, ON) and Camp Merrywood (Perth, ON) each require 1 Camp Administrator
Camp Merrywood: May 2024 – August 2024
Camp Woodeden: May 2024 – August 2024
Apply Here: https://eastersealsontario.campbrainstaff.com/
At Easter Seals Ontario, we provide overnight camping opportunities for kids and young adults with physical disabilities. Each summer we welcome staff from all over the world and pride ourselves on providing an awesome pre-camp training, so our staff are equipped with all the skills they need to give our campers a great experience. Our camps make many traditional summer camp activities accessible and inclusive, such as swimming, boating, archery, high ropes, and more! Check out our website to learn more about our locations in Perth, Ontario and London, Ontario.
Reporting to the Camp Director, the Camp Administrator is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the onsite camp office, including but not limited to, answering phone calls, monitoring the camp email account, filing, administering petty cash, scheduling arrival day check-ins, and communicating with parents. Working with the Recreation Administrator the Camp Administrators will reconcile camp spending, manage employee files, support the payroll process, and ensure timely submission of employment documents.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Supervise and co-ordinate the Drivers schedule and check-in day schedule, communicating with parents any onsite requirements for arrival and departure days.
- Complete office and administrative duties carefully, efficiently, and in a timely fashion. Including:
- Office organization and set up
- Taking phone calls and responding to emails
- Collecting timesheets and inputting data to be submitted to Recreation Administrator
- Managing petty cash and tuck shop sales and submitting statements for each session
- Sending weekly courier packages to and from the Provincial Office
- Handle the camp office phone by answering questions or directing inquiries to appropriate resources.
- Collect and file employee and camper information, maintaining confidentiality in all aspects of both digital and hard file management.
- Ensure proper completion and timely submission of all reports.
- Adhere to and support all camp policies, procedures and guidelines as detailed in the Camp Resource Manual and the Leadership Team Manual.
- Monitor the camp inbox.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Camp Director.
Physical Aspects of the Position
- Ability to communicate and work with groups and provide necessary instruction to campers and staff.
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid. Must be able to assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury) and possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers.
- Ability to operate office equipment safely and properly.
- Manual dexterity to utilize computer and other office equipment.
- Be able to manage physical activities such as standing, some bending, stooping, and stretching as well as daily exposure to the sun and heat and varying environmental conditions.
Minimum age: 18 years old
Previous office administrative experience. Comfortable taking phone calls, recording messages, working with excel spreadsheets, creating word documents and PDF files, managing digital and hard files, and meeting firm deadlines. Excellent communication and organizational skills necessary. G Class license an asset, but not required. First Aid/CPR certification an asset, but not required.
- Easter Seals Ontario camps are fully accessible and provide camping experiences to kids and young adults with disabilities.
- Must provide clear background check.
- It is required that all staff be fully vaccinated against Covid19 and follow the health and safety recommendations provided by Provincial and Regional Health Units.
- Camp staff members are required to participate fully in the camp activities. This may include swimming every day, sailing, dressing-up and working with children/youth all day.
- Should be capable of lifting and transferring 15 – 25 kgs in a safe manner.
- Onsite housing provided for camping season and meals provided on camp session days.
- June – August eight-day work period with scheduled breaks throughout the day and three days off between sessions.
Easter Seals Ontario welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Easter Seals Ontario fosters an environment of inclusivity, empowerment, and safety for participants and staff alike. Easter Seals Ontario is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory ability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws of Ontario.