Camp Administrator (One Year Contract)
Tim Hortons Foundation Camps help youth from underserved communities achieve their full potential through multi-day, overnight camp experiences. Whether at camp or back home in their communities between visits—our youth work to build social, emotional, leadership and innovation skills and behaviours like volunteerism and motivation to learn so they become civically and academically engaged, and successfully transition to adulthood.
At Tims Camps, we are catalysts for good—helping our youth participants and teammates be the best they can be, developing personal and career growth. We empower young people with skills to open doors to their future. That is our North Star and, together, we help shape leaders that build stronger communities.
We’re looking for a…
Camp Administrator (One Year Contract)
This role has the option of being based out of Tim Horton Children’s Camp in Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia, or Camp des Voyageurs Tim Hortons in Quyon, Quebec.
Internal and external
What would you be doing?
- Commitment to superior customer service and a consistent front-line hospitable presence in the camp office
- Respond to camp use and guest inquiries via phone and email, and maintain the camp calendar and office supply inventory
- Provide support to campers and families and follow up as required
- Complete assigned administrative duties: including but not limited to, petty cash, monitoring assigned budget lines, invoicing, reconciling the camp travel visa(s) and required reports
- Enroll schools into the school program; ensuring all required paperwork has been submitted, accurately completed, and travel coordinated
- Oversee summer travel program and coordinate camper arrival to, and departure from, camp
- Coordinate alternate site use opportunities
- Arrange required shuttles, hotels and meals for staff accompanying camper travel
- Work collaboratively with functional teams to communicate the needs of campers and guests (i.e., accommodations, dietary, special requests)
- Support cross functional administrative tasks as required
- Organize offsite program related travel (i.e., wilderness trips, college, and university visits)
- Participate in and support restaurant owner engagement initiatives
- Support internal special events
- Coordinate on site volunteers and work weekends
Does this sound like you?
- Completed post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field, or 2-3 years of equivalent experience in an administrative and/or customer service role
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written)
- Bilingual in English and French
- Exceptional attention to detail and accurate data entry
- Strong time management and organizational skills, and ability to multi-task effectively
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and take initiative
- Strong working knowledge of computer database and spreadsheet software
- Demonstrated ability to understand basic math, analyze data, and complete reconciliations
- Previous camp experience – considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable drivers abstract
- Ability to submit an acceptable Criminal Record Search and/or Vulnerable Sector Search, as required
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19(exceptions provided for recognized accommodations)
This posting will remain live until it has been filled. Be sure to apply as soon as possible to ensure you are considered.
Please apply here: https://grnh.se/3b60693e2us
We’re Great Place to Work® Certified
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps is proud to be Great Place to Work® certified for the third year in a row.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps (THFC) is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment and seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases.
If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps (THFC) is committed to taking all reasonable efforts to ensure the health and safety of those that use our work locations. As such, offers of employment are conditional upon being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 and providing THFC with proof of your vaccination status. “Fully Vaccinated” means having received the completed series of a COVID-19 Vaccine. An individual is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving their completed series. In the event you are unable to be Fully Vaccinated based on medical reasons or protected ground by the Ontario Human Rights Code, THFC will consider requests for accommodation on an individual basis. Personal health information collected by THFC is stored in accordance with applicable privacy laws and will be kept confidential.